21SF - I think I'm smitten

AzDak42

Handloader
Jan 26, 2012
So awhile ago, I was in my local glock monger's shop, getting new sights on my 34. I asked to fondle a 21SF, and the guy was nice enough to point out that they had a trade in that just came into the shop. An almost pristine 21SF. It already had the 3.5# connector, night sights and an extra mag, at a few hundred under the price of new. How could I pass it up?

I have to say, I'm in love. I previously shot a 19, 17 and 34, but have to say the 21SF is my favorite 45ACP I own. I'd picked up a new sign 227 (45acp in a 226 sized body) and after shooting both a few times side by side, it's no question... the 21SF all the way.

I'm faster on the first shot with it. It's lower barrel compared to your hand means less muzzle flip and it's all around pleasant to shoot.

This may just have to displace my 34 as my go to rig.

Yep had a regular Glock 21 .45 ACP and then got a wild hair that I needed a 1911 I traded my Glock 21 for a Kimber BP TEN II .45 ACP 1911. Man that was a huge mistake. After running the Glock for several years and NEVER having a malfunction, with the Kimber I got really good at clearing malfunctions as it would not get through 3 13 round mags without a failure to feed regardless of what I fed it.

Actually I do not own a Glock 21SF .45 ACP currently but am issued one at work. It is a wonderful Handgun for those that want a light weight, high capacity .45 ACP. No they do not have the look or style of a 1911 but then every time I am on the shooting range and or the Glock 21SF is in my holster it is a thing of beauty to me. Besides who is going to see it when it is in my holster anyway?

As much as I like the Glock 21SF I really prefer my Glock 36 .45 ACP for carry concealed (which even at work is how I carry about 90% of the time anymore). It is a pure joy to carry, it is slim and light weight but is still a .45 ACP and it is a Glock. And by the way it shoots great. Yes it has a Ghost Rocket Connector in it but that is the only modification.

Both of the Glocks I use have Glock Night Sights on them and I have not had issues with them either. However my original Glock 21 just had the standard Glock sights. They worked OK but now a days I much prefer the Night Sights.

13 years ago you could not have given me a Glock. Then at a State Shooting I watched as 30+ shooters each put over 850 rounds through their respective Glocks throughout the course of a week without a single stoppage. Right there that convinced me that there just might be something with these new fangled Glocks. Since I am a .45 ACP type of guy the Glock 21 was the obvious choice.

Larry

PS Yes I have had a Glock 30SF also. While it too shot great I much prefer carrying my Glock 36.

Back