G42

Dwh7271

Handloader
Nov 18, 2013
Picked up a new Glock today.
Sweet little pistol and accurate also.
image_zpsc96f227e.jpg

Nice!, I own a G36 & 33 and both are shooters. Can't go wrong with a Glock.

Yes, I like them quite a bit.
Seems like they keep showing up. :lol:

Have a 30C also. Great pistol.
Have it, a 22 Gen4, 22C gen 3, a 29 and a 20C along with the new 42.

Picked up the wife's G42 this weekend. Looks and smells like every other Glock. Function was Glock flawless. Sande has to qualify with it this week then it will be her new backup gun. I think this is her fourth backup in the last 10 years. Guess I shouldn't complain, the others all have good homes in the safe.

We got my mom a G42 for Christmas. It is the updated (v.2.0.a.1.2?) version from the initial issues that they had. I've shot it 50 times to put some stress on the recoil springs to help my mom rack the slide and has been sitting in my safe with the slide racked back since Dec 31. I'll grab it and give it a good racking when I'm bored but goodness gracious, it is stiffer than my G22 or G33! I'm hoping that Lone Wolf comes out and makes a reduced powered spring for it or else Im not sure my mom has enough strength to get it loaded when the time counts.

It's had feeding issues with one brand of bargain ammo (can't necessarily blame the gun) so I picked up some Fiocci to try next. I'm pretty sure the FTF's will aside.

I had a second generation Glock 19 when they first were available. Upgraded to the Gen 3 as fast as I could. I'm not much of a Glock fan but I do have three, four total, in the house. My favorite is the 26.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Luthais":3hcm0bda said:
I really like my Glocks and the 42 is next on my short list.

Welcome aboard, Luthais. We're always glad to see other shooting aficionados joining in the discussions.

Welcome aboard, Luthais. We're always glad to see other shooting aficionados joining in the discussions.

Agreed. Alabama/Scotland is pretty interesting. :grin:

I've had mine now since the week they started shipping and have probably 300-400 rounds through it. Let me start by saying I don't like pocket pistols. They don't feel right in my large hands. They feel too snappy for what they do... But the G42 is the first one to break this mold. I ENJOY shooting it. It's accurate, perfectly reliable with either ball or defense ammo.

Here's the real kicker for me. Since moving to a nicer neighborhood six years ago, I'd pretty much stopped carrying. It's lazy and probably a bad idea, but I just didn't feel any risk when I went out at night and sure didn't want to bother with the logistics. But with the 42, it's so easy to carry and just vanishes, I actually carry it regularly now.

I really didn't think could trump this one. I think they made great choices and couldn't see any faults. I was wrong... as much as I'm smitten with my 42, the 43 has displaced it entirely. For a tiny 9, the 43 is easy to shoot and has all the same winning ergonomics of the 42.

Back