Cleaning Compensation Ports

Savage Fanatic

Beginner
Oct 31, 2004
Being an owner of three Glocks my self, and I will admit all three have compensated (ported) barrels.

But looking through the various markets I have never been able to find the right tool or gaget that that will fit through the ports (slots) that are cut in the barrels to clean the powder residue and remove the excess oil that is remaining after cleaning the barrel.

All suggestions are welcome

I know there are some glock shooters out there, I personally don't know of any tools to clean the ports.

I've used a .22 cal bore brush to clean my ports on compensated pistols I've owned. I've never done this with a compensated Glock but I cannot see why it would be a problem. Try soaking the ports with a good bore clearer and go at them with a small bore brush that won't get stuck. And be careful not to push the bore brush so far into the barrel as to scratch or gouge the bore with the bore brush "stem". I've also found that soaking the bore with a good bore cleaner and then using a plastic bore brush works fine in my Glocks. So maybe give a plastic bore brush of the appropriate size a try on those ports. As far as oil I would think a Q tip would soak up and excess oil. Another trick that may work are those new foam type bore cleaners. I haven't used them yet but if memory serves me correctly some claim that you don't even need to use a bore brush with them. Hope that helps.

When I was a teenager I had braces and they gave me this little brush to get in between them. remembering this I went back to my orthodontist and they sold me one for $4.00 They work great!!! It has a cone shaped brush on the end. The brush end also is flexible.

Back