For a fleeting moment...

Ridgerunner665

Handloader
Oct 28, 2008
... I gave serious thought to switching my carry pistol.

I've been carrying a Glock 36 for several years now, no complaints, 100% reliable, accurate, and....most importantly, easy to carry.

I've carried it in a Mitch Rosen 5JR holster all that time, on a Milt Sparks belt with 2 spare mags in a Galco model DMC 28 mag carrier.

19 rounds total, that's always been my only worry with this setup... There are some out there that hold that many in 1 mag.

I considered another Glock in 9mm or 40... I'll be the first to tell you Glocks are ugly and have no soul, I never wanted to like them... But after messing with one I couldn't help myself....I chose the Glock 36 over my Baer 1911, I sold the 1911 the other day.... The little Glock just plain works awesome for a carry pistol.... High mileage, low maintenance.

I've used it on a few close range deer, terminal performance with quality ammo is top notch...I carry Federal Tactical 230 grain +P HST rounds, having seen what they do to deer, I trust them completely for personal defense... Recoil is stout, but nothing I can't handle.

So... Knowing that building the level of trust I have in this little pistol takes years, I decided trying to switch was downright crazy.

Instead, I ordered a new belt, Galco sport belt, the Sparks belt shrunk somehow over the last 10 years....2 new mag carriers, Galco DMC 28's...4 more Pearce +0 grip extensions, I've only had one all this time, kept that mag in the gun.

So now I have 31 rounds, 4 spare mags, 1 mag in the gun, and 1 round in the pipe... And the belt fits even with winter clothes, went from a 33" belt to a 38", lol.

Just one of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" things.

The belt problem you are experiencing is known as "closet shrinkage". Don't ask me how I know. :) CL

So that's what does it... I've been wondering what caused a perfectly good belt to shrink like that.

I blame it on humidity, especially over the winter months. I had a perfectly good uniform do that to me once a few years ago....

Winter is tough, always figured my better half was using hot water on my wranglers in winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salmonchaser":1uy5bt6p said:
Winter is tough, always figured my better half was using hot water on my wranglers in winter.

[emoji23]

Yup, that's it!

One more thing...

I just went and had Trijicon HD night sights installed on my G36... I've been meaning to get night sights on this thing ever since I bought it, lol.... Finally did it.

Merry Christmas to me... All set for another 10 years of personal protection.

Back