Must resist...

Ridgerunner665

Handloader
Oct 28, 2008
For no known reason.... I'm really, really wanting a Glock 40...

I do need a short range gun for in the bushes, but I had a Winchester lever gun in 357 Mag in mind for that role... Until I saw a Glock 40.

10mm
6 inch barrel
Set up for red dot sights from the factory

A person could do worse for a 50 yard hunting gun.

I seem to have been bitten by the polymer gun bug... I'm all into the Glocks lately.

I read the book last week.... "Glock, the Rise of America's Gun"... and haven't been the same since.

Les Bear just came out with a 10mm in their 1911 line with fiber optic sights. The extra weight might make it more controllable and easier to shoot.

Costs too much, for me at least... Baer is great, I know, I carried a stainless Stinger for a number of years.

Honestly though.... For the potent 10mm rounds, and similar, polymer has proven to be the better (tougher) option.

I have fired both the 20 and 29... With true full snort 10mm ammo the recoil of the 29 is pretty bad, but not really all that much worse than my Glock 36 with hot 230 grain +P ammo, which I carry in it all the time.

The 20 isn't bad at all.

The 40 is haunting me too.
Cool pistol and tailor made for bushes. :grin:
Couple fellas on here (you know one of them, you two met up a year or so ago) that have them.
You going to go MOS, like a Trijicon or the like if you pick one up?

I'm gonna do it.... I've been getting setup for my family to start doing some recreational ATV riding... Something to do with our young son, that we all enjoy.

The big Glock will do the job of fending off critters with both 2 and 4 legs while way out in the sticks... And if it gets dropped, packed with mud and sand, rained on, frozen, lost, damaged, or otherwise messed up.... Its a Glock.

It will also serve well as a close range deer getter too!

I'm going to get the MOS version, but I won't be putting an optic on it at this time, maybe later.

I will upgrade the sights to some flavor of something I can see in the dark.

The boss has given the OK for this purchase.

Nice!

I love the G40...It was a toss up between it and a 329. I sometimes wonder if I dorked that choice up.

hodgeman":18mhct3w said:
Nice!

I love the G40...It was a toss up between it and a 329. I sometimes wonder if I dorked that choice up.
I doubt there is a "wrong" choice to be made between those two for your use, I looked at the wheel gun option too but the full size Glock just feels so good in my hand, the wheel guns do not, 16 rounds vs 6 also... And the whole dunk it in the creek to wash the mud out thing.

I really wanted to like the Blackhawk Hunter... But I didn't.

Worthy of mention...

Bass Pro didn't have a G40, or even a 20.

Cabelas, until yesterday, had all of the MOS pistols in stock... Sold the last G40 yesterday, for $769 sticker price.

A local gunshop that I called the other day asking about the G40 didn't have one when I called... But he got one, and called me back today (impeccable timing), for $709....$787 total for taxes and NICS check.

Ridgerunner665":94oegp0m said:

I had one a few years ago....just too dang big and heavy. I'd rather carry a light rifle.

hodgeman":gpeogsrx said:
Ridgerunner665":gpeogsrx said:

I had one a few years ago....just too dang big and heavy. I'd rather carry a light rifle.
Yep.... That about sums it up.

Sounds like the perfect gun to carry in bear country, I wish our laws were better here................

I got a gift card for Bass Pro... I'm thinking maybe I'll spend that on one of the Vortex optics for the G40.

Back