FYI

NOSLER

Handloader
Sep 23, 2004
Just to let everyone know.

If you have questions about Glock's and accessories, our staff has 2 Glock armours on site to answer questions on this forum, also Frank Glenn will be checking in and he is a World Famous gunsmith.

Thanks Frank for your help in this :!:

I am considering a Glock for a concealed weapon, which now in Michigan is legal to carry in the archery season. I am thinking of carrying one . . . reason being Bears. It is not uncommon for me to run into black bears during bow season and I have had several instances of bears in my vicinity at last light when I want to climb out of the treestand. I am a real fan of 357 although I do not know if Glock carries this caliber. What other caliber would be useful in this circumstance?

Long

Ok, I'll throw out a few questions that have been buzzing around in my head for a while now....

I have a Glock 22 and been thinking about aftermarket barrels to improve brass life and reloading safety...i.e. tighter, fully supported chambers.

Who have your Glock guys used? Recommendations and criticisms?

How hard is fitting the Bar-Sto and/or H-S Precision 'semi drop in' barrels?

Is their any real advantage to leaving the barrel long, say 5" to 5.5"? I'm thinking that the entra 1-1.5" would net me some insurance velocity in case I run into a feral pig while out in the bush...but it might hamper handling and accuracy.

Enough for one post I guess, I could go on for a while...Thanks in advance.

our staff has 2 Glock armours on site to answer questions on this forum, also Frank Glenn will be checking in and he is a World Famous gunsmith

Come on, I know the celebrations went on late last night with the elections and all, but someone out there must read this and have a suggestion... :lol:

I am sure that Bar-Sto Precision has barrels for the Glock in .357 Sig. If you have a .40 S&W all you need to do is change the barrel. The .40 magazines will handle the .357 Sig.

CDH

Fitting a drop in barrel from Bar-Sto is not difficult. Most of the time you will need to work on the sides of the hood and there won’t be much material to remove there. In addition the part of the barrel that the gun locks up on might need to have a little material removed to get the gun to lock up.

I am not so sure the additional barrel length is going to give you much in the way of velocity and will be a pain to deal with as far as the holster is concerned because the crown of the barrel is going to be rubbing on the holster.

I have a Bar-Sto barrel in my .40 because as you say it is safer. If you section a .40 case you will see it is probably the weakest pistol case on the marketing the web area. I will not reload any cases fired in a factory barrel because the case expands to much as the factory barrels have a very sloppy chamber. I have seen several of these guns in .40 come apart due to the person reloading the case several times and the case gets brittle and gives away.

Back