KKM precision glock barrel

wharf

Beginner
Feb 23, 2005
Gday fellas,its a long time since i have been here.I lost my computer to a bug and lost all my contacts.I have a glock question for you.I bought a KKM precision barrel for a glcok 21.Its number is G21H1C,has a compensator on the end.I am not sure what polygon rifling looks like,so when i slugged the barrel it had hardly any rifling marks on the lead slug.Is this a polygon barrel and should i only use jacketed projectiles in it?Thanks for your time.

You can shoot lead in the KKM barrels. Nice looking barrel, had not seen the barrel with the compensator before...

Using our unique Button Rifling process, all KKM barrels offer superior accuracy over stock barrels. Our Glock barrels come with fully supported match chambers for shooting factory or reloaded ammunition as well as lead or jacketed bullets.

http://www.kkmprecision.com/custom_pistol_barrels/product.php?productid=38&cat=17&page=1

4PORT-COMP-3-03.jpg

TScottW99,
Thanks,
I just bought a Glock 23 and read a thread about Glock chambers being quite large. I was instantly depressed after spending almost $600 on the pistol and a holster. I have shot 750 rounds through the gun and saved all the brass I could find only to hear that I might only get 1 reload before head seperation.
I am still a little T.O. about buying an after market barrel just to shoot reloads safely.

AAHHH thanks fellas,thats good news.I can reload lead bullets and use the cases a few times then.Im going to be loading 230gn RN lead projies.Have set the dies to make OAL at 1.200.And using 4 gns of winchester WST for a start.I have heard that i DONT need to crimp loads for 45 acp?is this true?As long as the case is .473 at the case mouth with a bullet seated it fine???

old #7":2ttykabf said:
TScottW99,
Thanks,
I just bought a Glock 23 and read a thread about Glock chambers being quite large. I was instantly depressed after spending almost $600 on the pistol and a holster. I have shot 750 rounds through the gun and saved all the brass I could find only to hear that I might only get 1 reload before head seperation.
I am still a little T.O. about buying an after market barrel just to shoot reloads safely.

I think you will be able to get more than one reload out of those. Just don't shoot max loads out of once or more fired brass. I have reloaded in a G22 for several years and I have had no problems.

Corey

Back