23 ?

SakoSteve270wsm

Handloader
Apr 17, 2007
Has anyone shoot a 23 ? I have had a 17,22 and 20.How controlable is it compared to the 22 ? Looking for a smaller lighter pistol for backpacking.

I picked one up a few months back to carry and keep in my truck.
I have around 500 rds through it. I also bought a kydex holster, love that.
It seems to shoot decent but I can't compare it to the 17,20 and 22 because I don't have any of those models.
Compared to my Kimbers... The Kimber is far more accurate but I do like the 13 round mag capacity +1 in the pipe and the 40S&W is a good self defense round. I also like to no nonsense safe action. I carry it fully loaded ready to go.

Man I must have been sleeping when I posted the above. I did not realize I was in the Glock section. :shock:

The 23 has no real big differnce in noticable recoil compared to the 22 IMO. The 27 has a bit more. If you want to feel a litttle more recoil in the 23 then throw in a 32 barrel :grin: Just a tad bit more snap but a lot more bang, especially in an indoor range.

I have a G22 and was looking real hard at the G23. I got the S&W M&P .40 instead. For a carry gun the G23 would be a good one to go with and can use G22 mags.

I have had a 23 for about 15yrs. I love mine. I bought it to carry and did so for quite a while. I ran a paper route as well as managed restaurants, so I was always leery of being robbed. Had a few close calls, but no robberies. Back to the Glock - I really find the 23 to be the best compromise in terms of size and firepower. I looked at the 22, but it seemed too large for concealed carry (and I am 6'2"/225), but the 23 fits me like a glove. I had some issues with recoil when I first got it, but it was my first pistol (revolvers up til then), so I learned how to shoot with it, and all was well. I could, when I was training with it a lot, keep everything inside about 4-5" at 25yds with it, through two magazines. I couldn't do that now, though. Get the 23, you'll love it.

Concur w/dubyam - I find the 23 to be the best all-around Glock - it balances very well, shoots great and conceals easily. Nice pistol.

I've had a third gen G23 for sometime now. I absolutely love it. It's primarily my home defense weapon but it also serves as my hunting & camping sidearm and is fun at the range. Highly recommended by me!!!

Just to add something, the Hogue Handall grip sleeve is the single greatest improvement to my Glock I ever made. Easily one of the best, most cost effective upgrades of all time! (Of course, my 23 didn't have finger grooves on the front strap like they have now.)

I've had a 23 for a number of years and find it an excellent weapon albeit, a bit large for ME personally. I am looking for a 27 for a CCW for my wife right now. She is quite tiny (5' and weighs in at around 98-100#'s and the 23 is too large for her).
For a middle sized person and up, the 23 will certainly be a very good weapon and one I recommend carrying.

I have changed pistols a lot since I first posted on this thread. Got rid of both S&W M&Ps, the Sigs, XD, and got every model that Glock makes in 40 S&W. I really like Glock handguns! My main carry is the G23 and what a great one for ccw. I liked it so much I got one for my wife also. I use the G27 as a backup or for summertime carry. The G27 is a great carry pistol but it does have a fair amount of muzzle flip.

Back