Can ANYONE actually throw out an opinion here???? Scared??

WHELENATOR

Beginner
Nov 4, 2004
somebody at Nosler "obviously" likes Glock, otherwise the forum would not have this section. I am working on selling my Kimber 1911, (Sorry Mr. Cooper), and purchasing 2 new, OD green Glocks, one a 32, 357 Sig, the other a 20, a 10 MM. The 10 is for traipsing about Alaska when a BIG BORE is not warranted, and the 32 is for walking the "mean streets" of Anchorage...
I was wanting to get a few opinions on Glocks in general, and a few opinions on 357 Sig specifically. I can read the data as good as the next guy....my concern is the bottle-neck cartridge...how does this round feed? Any experience with this round? Thanks.

Grip angle is a bit different than most other handguns so I feel for a defensive firearm it's best to stick with similar grip angle handguns if your going to use it to carry or for some other defensive application. You got that covered. As far as the .357 Sig I've shot two boxes through a Glock and a Sig and had no hiccups. The theory is that it will feed more reliably than other more streamlined (straight walled) cartridges since the front section is feeding into a larger diameter opening. One nice thing about the Glocks is that if you like the Colt 1911 grip angle then you can have the grip modified to the same angle. Theirs my 2 cents worth, hope it helps.

Nosler2, thanks a bunch for replying to my post. I still haven't sold the Kimber, now I'm not sure I even will. it's a really nice piece, I'll never get my money out of it.
Gonna have to get on the ball for the Glocks though....but now huntin season is here...bears await..

I like my Glocks, but I would never sell one of my 1911 for a Glock. The .357sig is a great cartridge offering .357mag perf. from a semiauto. I prefer the Sig pistols to Glocks, but that's pers. pref. It's a well liked round by the LEO community & will serve you well in Anchorage.

I sure appreciate the post. I didn't know anyone would still read this mess. I sort of sold my Kimber because I needed to pay some debts off, but the Glock is one i had wanted to try for a long time. There are so many 1911's, and Glocks on the market, I will definitely own another 1911. unless Ms. Polosi gets her way...idiot..sorry for the rant.

I really love 1911's. I've built them for years. I love Hi Power (40's) too. But for the past 10 years or so, I only carry Glocks. They're light, and are the only handguns I know of that out of the box are completely reliable, extremely accurate, rust resistant, safe, simple, and don't have protruding parts that snag on street or hunting clothes. I've never owned a 1911 or Hi Power that I didn't need to fit new components for to make it reliable and accurate.

I have carried a few different .45 ACP Handguns over the years for my job. In 2000 I was involved in a training program in which there were 40 participants. 33 of the 40 participants had one model or another GLOCK Handguns. In the course of a week we each fired in excess of 850 rounds through our Handguns. In all that shooting I never saw a single one of those GLOCKS on the line have a stoppage of any kind, period.

Yes I kept my S&W Model 645 for a few years after that shooting event in 2000, but two years ago decided to try a GLOCK. I traded my beloved S&W 645 for a GLOCK Model 21. Well the Model 21 I purchased was used, but looked in great shape.

Well upon firing it I immediately noticed a problem. Someone had had it apart and put something back together WRONG. Every time I would fired it regardless of how many rounds were in the magazine the slide would lock open after each and every shot. I immediately phoned the dealer I had bought it from and he provided me with a phone number for GLOCK in Georgia.

I talked to a guy by the name of Fred at GLOCK and explained what was happening. Fred asked for the Serial Number of my Model 21, and when I told him he told me I needed to send it in for a recall / upgrade. Long story short I sent my Model 21 to GLOCK in Georgia and they totally rebuilt my handgun top to bottom. They even lowered and flaired the ejection port, rifinsihed the slide, installed new sights (steel front sight) and basically replaced everything except the barrel, frame and slide. The cost to me was $0.

I thought this was excellent service especially considering I bought the handgun used and Fred knew that. Since receiving my Model 21 back from Glock I have put lots of rounds through it and have had not one single problem.

Recently I aquired an Advantage Arms .22 LR Conversion Kit for my GLOCK Model 21. This consists of a new Slide assembly, Barrel and magazines. For the most part this Conversion Kit has also been trouble free (well once I got through the break in period) and provides lots of low cost shooting practice and entertainment.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one and after carry this Model 21 for 16 hours a day most days not sure I could go back to a Steel Framed .45.

Larry

I have owned 6 Glocks over the years and they are all good shooters right out of the box. For woods walking when I do not want a heavy revolver I carry my Glock 29 loaded with 200 grain CorBon Penetrators. I really like the 29. It is easy to pack and weighs about 27 ounces.

I have both a G22 and G27's with aftermarket .357 Sig barrels, no feeding problems whether with factory fodder or the ones I roll, with either gun.

I have a G20-C which is a joy to shoot. Just got a box of Nosler 135 gr. .40 cal. bullets for it today. Can't wait to try those in it.8)

BTW, I also have aftermarket barrels in 9mm for the G22/27. They shoot great too. :wink:

For the Pacific NW, I carry a G29 with 2 extra mags (G20 mags) with grip extenders. Total 40 rounds. For mountain loads, I use the Double Tap 200 gr BearClaw loads.

For streets, G23 - plenty used ones around and they are like a Timex. Would look for a G27, but not high priority.

Best of luck
Eric

Equals the performance of the 357 Mag with 125gr........good load!

My 10mm is very close too 41 Mag level when loaded @ 1200 FPS with 200gr, better performance on game!

My duty weapon for the last six years has been a Glock 22. It has performed at 100%. Even though I am on a bike most of the year and it gets rained on, snowed on and muddy and pollen in every nook and cranny.

My off duty weapon is a Glock 27. It too has been perfect for me.

Only thing I would change is to get a new Glock 21 SF for my duty weapon. I just like the .45 better then the .40.

Back