Which Glock for Target Shooting?

147 Grain

Beginner
May 17, 2005
I do a lot of range work with many calibers and would like to ask you experts what 9mm Glock is the best for continuous target practice?

Recoil is of no concern, but having a good trigger is.

How does the 17L compare to the 34 and which is best?

Either the Glock 17L or the 34 can be modified with a 3.5lbs trigger for competition/ target shooting. On the Glock website they both come with 4.5lbs trigger pulls which can lighten up a bit with extended use. If you’re going to target shoot only the 17L has the longer sight radius @ 8.07" the 34's 7.56" which could and should give you an advantage on paper. For IDPA you'll want to go with the 34 since it meets their length requirements. Either way they are both fine pistols that can be modified to suit your needs.

I got a 17 and a 34 . The 34 is considerably better suited for target shooting than the 17 . I don't know about the 17 L . I don't find my 34 to be a lot more accurate though . Both of mine are nice shooters .

I had a 17, sold it to my brother and bought at 34 to pair with my 19. The 17 wasn't any better than the 19, and the 34 brought a longer sight radius.

If I was to do it over again, I'd start with the 34.

Back