Android App; Shooter or Applied Ballistics?

andrewctillman

Beginner
Feb 6, 2013
Is anyone using Bryan Litz's new Shooter app for Android phones? Or his slightly more expensive Applied Ballistics app? ($9.95 and $29.95)

I have a relatively small Android screen, 2 x 3 1/2 maybe, and wondered how user frienldy it is?

I have range cards for likely temperature and velocity scenarios I use at Horse ridge but it would be nice to be able to plug in real time data.

(I posted same ? on Competition page but no response).

I use Applied Ballistics...

Both apps use the same solver, and unless you're really stretching the shots to past 1,000 yards Shooter works pretty good.

I did use Shooter before AB came out.

Shooter is not new, its been out several years.

In regards to user friendly, there is very little difference....AB has a few features that Shooter does not... The most useful one being the ability to use custom drag curves, but again... If you're not shooting extreme range (over 1,000)... It's not a big deal.

andrewctillman":36nz9qe2 said:
Is anyone using Bryan Litz's new Shooter app for Android phones? Or his slightly more expensive Applied Ballistics app? ($9.95 and $29.95)

I have a relatively small Android screen, 2 x 3 1/2 maybe, and wondered how user frienldy it is?

I have range cards for likely temperature and velocity scenarios I use at Horse ridge but it would be nice to be able to plug in real time data.

(I posted same ? on Competition page but no response).
Just found this thread, what app did you end up going with? Have you checked out TRASOL?

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Back