1,475 yard practice

.300winmag

Handloader
Oct 17, 2011
Going through my phone this evening, I found this video of a shot I took with my .300 Win. Mag. It's cold bore with my standard set up, Leica 1600, Kestrel 2500, Applied Ballistics software and my trusty .300 with 215 Berger's. I love the challenge and science of making cold bore first round hits way out there, and having confidence in your load, rifle, software, abilities and limits is priceless in the field. I burn a lot of powder practicing on unknown distance targets with a few of my close buddies and it paid off big time this season with antelope and elk being taken at some
Pretty long distances. This shot was pretty much dead on considering range and wind we had. Rock was about 1X1MOA measuring with the reticle in my buddy's NF. Love the flight time on those real long pokes! :mrgreen:

https://vimeo.com/192406282

One of the beautiful things about the west is it is often easy to find country where you can shoot rocks. Doesn't really matter if it's the size of a basketball or a Volkswagen. Make your estimate, take your shot.
Excellent training 300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian,
There is no doubt, your the real deal on LR Shooting!
Very impressive stuff.
E (y)

Palouser":298y5yao said:
That is awesome. Well done. Really really impressive. What barrel/action/trigger?

700 action
Hart 1-9" twist 28" barrel
McMillan a3
Jewell trigger

Well I'm glad I asked that is the exact stock that I've been thinking about buying for one of my rifles do you like it? Is it too heavy to hunt with?

Palouser":1ltg879b said:
Well I'm glad I asked that is the exact stock that I've been thinking about buying for one of my rifles do you like it? Is it too heavy to hunt with?

I love it, it's so dang comfortable and stable it's unreal. It is a heavy stock, however. My rifle with bipod, sling and ammo weighs in at 15.5lbs, it's a bit of a beast to pack. I need to seriously look at an eberly stock pack for it

Palouser":2ng5962g said:
Awesome glad to hear that. I've heard those Eberlestocks are nice.

I would suggest getting the adjustable cheek piece option as well, you'll really like that.

I'm amazed some of you guys can shoot that far! I know I can't lol. Excellent shooting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridge_Runner":u4vecdys said:
How much up to make 1475 with a 215? thanks
RR

Quite a bit

Attachments

• 75329996-7409-4516-92BC-7B10F8709806.png
    75329996-7409-4516-92BC-7B10F8709806.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 4,167
A few the guys I shoot with are also into serious long range work. We have a test rock at 1147 yards. It's nearly broken in half now. Fortunately it's easy to measure out to a mile with the section line roads out here.

.300winmag":2jkqwkdu said:
Ridge_Runner":2jkqwkdu said:
How much up to make 1475 with a 215? thanks
RR

Quite a bit
yeah thats a lot , 2.5 full revolutions of the dial, congrats on a well tuned load, most I ever dialed was 22.5 Moa on a 1350 yard shot on a whitetail. congrats again, your TOF was what like 1.8 sec.?
RR

Back