Strelok?

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Anyone here using Strelok, the ballistic calculator?

I recently put the app on my phone and I have to say, I'm impressed. All I did was put in the listed factory velocity of 2,960 fps for my 6mm Creedmoor, add the bullet BC info and then ask it to calculate "come ups" out to 600 yards.

The app told me I needed 11.3 MOA up from my 100 yard zero to hit at 600 yards.

I dialed in 11.5, and found I was just a touch high. Dropped it to 11.0, and the elevation was perfect!

I haven't used it a lot, but wow, saved me a lot of guessing.

Guy

I'm using Strelok as well ... tried the free version first then upgraded to the paid version. I especially like that you can select your reticle and it will show you the ranges represented by the tick marks depending on your zoom level that you selected on your scope.

I took a screen shot of what I was going to use, cut it out & taped it in the eye piece cover.... handy reference if needed.

Hi jjs405 - Does this software have the Leupold Bone and Crockett or Varmint Hunters reticle in their reticle database?

Yes. I use it and MD Ballistics. Strelok has a lot of reticles and updates very frequently.

Whitesheep":4c39zrlx said:
Hi jjs405 - Does this software have the Leupold Bone and Crockett or Varmint Hunters reticle in their reticle database?

Yes to both .... & they also add reticles from time to time as they come available.

Whitesheep":d6z4l5np said:

Yes to both .... & they also add reticles from time to time as they become available.

A nice feature (paid version) is that you can program a bullet offset, if you use multiple weight and MV combos....especially in conjunction with range buddy which gives you the offset. The ballistic calc is also helpful if you are for instance considering a new bullet to go LR and want to see where the transonic zone would be according to BC vs predicated MV

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I have been using Strelok Pro for at least 4 years. I have tuned it in correctly a few months ago. Now it's less that 0.1 mil off at 1000 yards (less than 3.6 inches).

All I have to do is get the wind call right.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

I've been using strelok pro since the summer. Ive only been out to 512 yards, but the app works perfect. Really like the bc trueing device in the app.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OK, based on this knowledgeable group's feedback I paid the $9.99. So far I like it as it is fast and has a different zero atmo setting from your current firing situation. Very nice. Different results from the other ballistic calculators I have, but having a range of possible solutions helps me zero on the one that is true from my rifle and load. Thanks everyone for turning me on to this tool.

Helping the dope make DOPE

We have used it for years and its our go to app. But for really a different reason than figuring bullet drops. I shoot alot of coyotes during the winter off
bait placed 300yds out on the ice, on our frozen lake.
Mostly at nite....... It is normal for them to show up in horrible weather. The prevailing wind is NW, the bait is located SE and CANT be repositioned. So I normally have 90 degree X-wind. I have wind meter,
So when my alerter goes off and the wind is howling
I check the speed and direction: enter it into my app,
I have my "coyote rifle" specs already in the app. So in like 5 secs I can dail in my horizontal hold off, and in 30 kt X-winds its ALOT...........
Works perfectly as many coyotes can attest too.

I ran Strelok for several years and loved it. After reading a few of Applied Balllistics books about the difference between G1 and G7 drag models, and other things that impacted LR performance. I upgraded to Strelok Pro to try to eliminate a few variables in my shooting system. It was worth every penny. It is a little different to operate, but is also loaded with additional features.

Used it again today. I hadn't shot my 6 Creedmoor in months, and off the top of my head I couldn't remember how much elevation to dial in for 450 yards.

Strelok told me to come up 7 minutes. Dialed it. Whang! First round hit, nearly centered on the gong. :grin:

My friend next to me just smiled and shook his head. We like making those first round hits.

Yes the Pro version is well worth paying for, it has hundreds of more reticles to choose from. It is a wonderful program for sure. However one wants to actually validate all hold overs or hold offs as it can
easily differ from your loadings. Once you have it "in tune"
with your set up it works amazing.
We are taking 128 oz Tide jugs over to the other side of the lake, 800 yds. Gallon milk jugs out at 600yds. And Quart soda bottles at 400yds. In no wind. Just dail em and
whack em.
E

Back