Ruger Precision Rifle

tim629

Handloader
Apr 15, 2013
anyone tried one yet?

I have heard some outstanding things but no where around here to stretch their legs past about 250 so not worth the investment for me.

I do like the idea that it could be a "family" gun with all of the adjustments that can be made, maybe not the optimum hunting rifle with the weight but if you were hunting from a box blind I could see it being a good investment for a family with a few hunters

I know several guys that have picked them up. Solid performers on all accounts, and lots of aftermarket accessories hitting the market for them now too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I've handled one, but haven't shot it. A couple of friends have them, and their rifles are doing very well at the rifle range.

I think Ruger has, once again, done a good job.

Guy

Updating this thread that I forgot about. I still haven't tried my 6mm Creedmoor beyond 600 yards, but it's a dinger out there. Rifle is standard, I added a decent Vortex scope and handload 107 gr Hornady ELD-Match bullets over either H4350 or Superformance. Both do well.

Ugliest danged rifle I own, but it's quite a shooter.

x329w5ql.jpg

QQa38uyl.jpg

2jo0CYUl.jpg

Regards, Guy

While not a Ruger Precision Rifle, I shoot a very similar Savage BA10 Stealth which is Savage’s equivalent in 6.5 CM. It is topped with a Vortex 5x25 PST Gen II and I have quite successfully competed in F class to 1000 yards. Consistently shoots about half MOA. While all of the adjustments are nice, I personally prefer a more conventional rifle stock over the chassis stock. I shoot a 140 gr RDF with RL 16 at 2850 fps.

Happy to answer any questions you might have about this setup.

I almost bought a 338lm version, but went with the 110stealth. Reason being having 2 (110's) in 300wm (1 stealth and 1 ba/le). Increadable shooting rifles with hsm berger 210vld-h. 1 thing I can't stand about the 110's is the accu-trigger only because of the required bolt reset when not going thru on trigger pull.

Back