Cracking up at myself

Heck - just sold a Drilling to buy my 'to-be wife's" first rifle.
And we are looking for a house to buy.

If you have ideas how to tell her I need a xyz$ lens (or anything else) let me know

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

BruceP":3f6cp49z said:
Guy Miner":3f6cp49z said:
Ya, I don't know if I can make the leap to an expensive lens or not... Maybe?

Guy

My wife hardly ever says a word about my hobbies but if she thought I was buying a $12000 lens she would kill me. Unless maybe if I was selling guns to do it.

Bruce

Oh and they couldn’t be her guns either.

Guy, I finally broke down and got the Sigma 150-600 that I mentioned above. It just came in yesterday and I have only taken a few snapshots jus to get the feel for it. I haven't even loaded them onto the computer yet. So far just looking at the camera display it appears to be ok. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to really give it a try on wildlife. Looking to get away for a few days between now a Christmas to do just that.

Bruce

BruceP":ov751bub said:
Guy, I finally broke down and got the Sigma 150-600 that I mentioned above. It just came in yesterday and I have only taken a few snapshots jus to get the feel for it. I haven't even loaded them onto the computer yet. So far just looking at the camera display it appears to be ok. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to really give it a try on wildlife. Looking to get away for a few days between now a Christmas to do just that.

Bruce

The photos you've been sharing from that new lens are just terrific! :grin:

Guy

Guy Miner":3fulx1a7 said:
BruceP":3fulx1a7 said:

Bruce

The photos you've been sharing from that new lens are just terrific! :grin:

Guy

Thanks Guy. I'm pretty happy with it so far. There is a little learning curve with what it will and wont do and what to expect from it. Also what I need to do with my settings to get to it's full potential. I had several not so good photos but most had to do with the operator not the lens. I've just got to get use to that much magnification and my settings for it. The image stabilization works well but can make you forget that sometimes when the situation chances and the subject starts moving you still have to bump up that shutter speed. Especially hand holding a 600.

Bruce

I had a Sigma zoom for my SLR(no D).(35-105mm?)

Lived in Germany.. took a trip to Munich. Shot six roles of Kodachrome. I had bracketed my shots so if it called for a f11, I went up one, and down one. Had three shots of almost everything… and I had less than 12 pictures out of 6x36 shots.

Eventually I realized the only ones that turns out were f1.8-f3.5.

Eventually slow motion.. came to realize the bayonet trigger would not make the aperture close…… at that point, I resolved to stick with name brands. I was very happy with my sigma until then.

Had I had a DSLR(didn’t exist in the 80’s) I would have not wasted a week of seeing great sights and having only a couple pictures to show for it. Adding insult to injury, I paid for the processing only to find 6 rolls of washed out junk…

I’ve been shooting a Nikon D90 for about 10 years… they improvements even in the last 10 years are amazing…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a Sigma 17-40 when I first went digital. It was a little soft and I traded it and some cash for the canon version. The 150-600 gets very good reviews and the fact is if you want a 600mm and you want to stay with the major brands you have to be ready to spend used car money because you can literally buy a used car for what a Canon or Nikon 600mm cost.

Bruce

Back