Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
kY0febgh.jpg

GzwHv7oh.jpg

0IZGQTAh.jpg

KjBU3ENh.jpg

ne3k05yh.jpg

A few Washington rams I've photographed. All within twenty miles of my home.

Thanks for this Photography section.

Guy

WOW, Rams and Eagles within 20 miles of home... I am jealous. Thanks for sharing.
Any further thoughts on that wildlife calendar that someone suggested?

Rol_P":2kh3kyy6 said:
WOW, Rams and Eagles within 20 miles of home... I am jealous. Thanks for sharing.
Any further thoughts on that wildlife calendar that someone suggested?

Thank you.

There are far better wildlife photographers than me, and many calendars from which to choose. I don't think it would be a very good idea for me to compete with those guys.

What might be fun though, is to put together a Nosler Forum calendar... I've seen that done on other web forums. It's a fair bit of work. People submit photos online, the forum members vote. Then a calendar is created and sold to the folks who are interested.

I'm not sure I'd be willing to take on that task, but perhaps someone would.

Guy

What a majestic beast, King of the Mountain.
I do like your Nosler Calendar idea.

JD338

Love them! I wish I had a chance to photograph rams nearby. Georgia doesn't have very many lol.
I do have some photos of some Bighorn ewes from a trip to Colorado but didn't see any rams.

Bruce

BruceP":1d1n87yl said:
Love them! I wish I had a chance to photograph rams nearby. Georgia doesn't have very many lol.
I do have some photos of some Bighorn ewes from a trip to Colorado but didn't see any rams.

Bruce

I recognize how truly fortunate I am, to be able to hop in the Jeep, and within 20 minutes be someplace there's a real good chance of finding the bighorns.

It's pretty cool, being able to do so. They can be found anytime of year, but particularly in the early spring and again in October or so, they tend to be down lower, and honestly, I can usually just drive my Jeep within a hundred yards of them and start taking photos.

BTW - a vehicle makes a real good moveable blind. Most critters don't seem nearly as wary of a vehicle as they are of a man trying to walk closer to them.

Guy

Back