Black Bear

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
This is a very mellow, British Columbia black bear. I took this in late spring/early summer 2017 on my way home from the grizzly hunt. He was just enjoying the heck out of the fresh green grass:

U6Rvmezh.jpg

I do love watching the bears, especially in the spring. Lovely pictures, Guy.

Very Handsome Bear Guy, and looking right at you too.. I was of the notion that spring Black Bears had scruffy coats but the photo dispels that for sure. Thanks for sharing.. Rol

Thanks all. I was just tooling along, southbound through Yukon & BC on my way home - and started seeing quite a bit of wildlife along the highway. Canada has some lovely highways with broad margins of grass. So, I kept an eye peeled, and my camera ready! I got several decent photos of bear & bison along the way, particularly near Muncho Lake. Wow - what incredible country!

The bear and I were within 20 yards or so of each other for quite a while, but I kept the Jeep between us too. I was shooting photos over the hood of the Jeep - and I think that one of him heading towards me, may have been from inside the Jeep, with the passenger-side window rolled down. We got along just fine. Very mellow, peaceful BC Bear. :grin:

There was another bear I tried this same thing with later, and we just didn't click. :grin: He didn't trust me and I didn't trust him. Grabbed a couple of hurried photos, then back into the Jeep and off I went. When I look at his photo, I can still "feel" the different attitude of this bear:

6Y5YOpsh.jpg

Guy

Yeah, that bear has that look that indicates irritation with you even being in the same zip code. And, yes, the country around Muncho Lake is lovely, to be sure.

Love the first two photos but I understand why you didn't stick around longer on the last one.

Bruce

Back