Moose and More, today's walk

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
A gentle 2.5 mile walk along the river today. Not much of a workout, but wow! Got some photos I'm pleased with:

Our moose! She's been in the area for almost a year now. As I recall she showed up late last summer. We don't normally have moose in this part of Washington, but one passes through every couple of years. Looks like this one decided to set up camp here. I'm glad.
7khoc33h.jpg

Osprey, landing at the ball field lights, shortly after I'd parked my Jeep:
idsqhwoh.jpg

The young eagle is trying short flights!
Y3C5HKQh.jpg

Mule Deer:
MjR5OZCh.jpg

2nIor2Eh.jpg

Regards, Guy

Guy,
You live in an amazing area.
I would love to live close to where you do.to just be able to see what you see.
Plus, I woukd love to hunt there as well.

Hawk

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

HAWKEYESATX":3mz9ali1 said:
Guy,
You live in an amazing area.
I would love to live close to where you do.to just be able to see what you see.
Plus, I woukd love to hunt there as well.

Hawk

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

The hunting isn't all that great. Bird hunting can be good, waterfowl or upland game. But... only about 25% of deer hunters manage to take a deer each year. The percentage for elk is lower, and for bear it's really low. Something like 8% success rate. However, those three tags are just "over the counter" tags, no draw required, so that's something good.

Fishing is usually pretty doggone good. Our salmon & steelhead returns have been awfully low in recent years, but before that they could be amazingly good.

I enjoy living here, but it's really not all that easy to find and take a legal elk or a legal deer.

Most of my wildlife photos come from an area where there is no hunting allowed, as it's actually within the city limits. Just an undeveloped (hopefully forever) area along the river banks.

Regards, Guy

6mm Remington":z3941dpc said:
Nice photographs Guy! Your camera set-up must be a good one!

It's okay. Nothing real fancy, an Olympus OMD with a 75-300 lens. I like it because it's smaller than the typical DSLR camera. And I've liked Olympus/Zuiko lenses since the 1970's. They're pretty good.

Guy

Back