Moose Monday!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
463I0bCh.jpg

Photo taken October, 2020, near the Gros Ventre River, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.

Excellent photo, Guy. It truly captures the majesty of this grand animal.

Boy I’d have to have a moose tag, open season and see that critter!

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful picture Guy, you need to get yourself a nice bull in the next few years ;) There is nothing quite like having a bull appear in front of you, I turn into a quivering mess when that happens :lol:

Cute little guy! There are just no pictures better than a bull moose with a good backdrop

That's a nice bull. Beautiful picture Guy!

JD338

excellent photography Guy. Framing the shots is 90 percent of the battle and you handle it very nicely.

The detail is amazing. Guy, don’t tell me you took that with your LG Android.

I assume you are carrying a Nice DSLR with a respectable pro-sumer lense (or better?)

I’ve got a D90 Nikon and I’m had pressed to get that good of detail on the fur. Browns and Blacks are incredibly difficult to photo graph well.

Any post processing?

I think you could teach Photography too!

Makes sense... another “shooting” sport!

Thanks all. :grin:

I'm using an Olympus OMD, with a 75-300 Zuiko lens.

It's a relatively compact setup, making it easy to haul around with me.

gerry":2oxieyx7 said:
Beautiful picture Guy, you need to get yourself a nice bull in the next few years ;) There is nothing quite like having a bull appear in front of you, I turn into a quivering mess when that happens :lol:

I'd love to! :grin: Drawing the once-in-a-lifetime tag for moose here in Washington is difficult. Not unusual for people to apply for that tag for 20+ years and never draw it.

So... Maybe I'll start applying in nearby Idaho. Or save my pennies for a hunt in British Columbia.

:grin:

Thanks guys - I have a local show for the month of December - "Northwest Wildlife" - I'll have 15 - 20 prints on display mostly 16x20, one canvas print in 20x20.

yKg15yPh.jpg

Hoping to make some sales and get some good exposure to the local "art enthusiast" crowd.

I was pretty overwhelmed when the art committee came to me and asked me to show my prints! They'll be up for a month.

Regards, Guy

Congratulations on this opportunity for a showing. I would imagine this will be very successful, giving you great exposure to a much broader audience. I would echo a suggestion made some time back for a calendar of some of your shots.

Congratulations Guy. Well deserved. I would second Dr Mike’s calendar observation!
Duane

Back