First Photography Show

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Well it's happening. My wildlife photography attracted the attention of the local arts community and I was invited to display my work in the "Boardroom Gallery" here in town for the month of December.

Wow! I'm pretty nervous about it. Never had my work on display like this before. I hope it all turns out well. I've got 13 of what I consider my best wildlife photos on display.

0Et2WXSh.jpg

Hey, I think I recognize that bear! Congratulations, Guy. That is great. What a great honour, and well-deserved.

DrMike":1ju0l8y7 said:
Hey, I think I recognize that bear! Congratulations, Guy. That is great. What a great honour, and well-deserved.

Mike, that's one of your mellow B.C. bears. :grin:

Guy

That's awesome Guy. I recognise that picture too, what are some of the other ones you put on display?

Guy, enjoy this. My dads sister has been doing art shows her whole life.
She’s had phases, oil painting, then got allergic to the oils, water colors, got bored with it, photography, and lately acrylics.

When she did the photography, it looked like yours. She’d specifically make sure was in the field when the babies were young, hilarious baby raccoon pictures etc. of course scenery ala channeling AnselmAdams.

All this to say, she made a pretty Penny decorating doctor and law offices in themes after art shows. Have an open mind and keep it fun.

Worse case, you’ll meet cool people.

You got this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for you Guy! Thank you for sharing your opportunities and skill with the camera with others. For some of us, that's as close as we will get. CL

Thanks guys - this is all new to me.

The leaping whitetail made the cut:
MPTixjlh.jpg

As did this moose photo:
463I0bCh.jpg

I think you guys have seen most of the ones I posted. Still thinking about adding one 16x20 canvas print of an osprey... It's pretty cool.

yKg15yPh.jpg

Gotta' say, they're all pretty impressive. They reveal your ability to capture the essence of the animals represented.

I’d think some of your sheep pictures should make the cut as well.

You are good at getting into the right place to get right pictures!

Must be that ambush hunter gene.

Any pictures from the Brooks range make the cut?

Can you post a Video tour of the display when it’s open?

You could always upload to Yourube and put the link or search words hear. I’m sure a lot of members would love to see it!

Congratulations Guy. That's fantastic and thanks for sharing your pictures with us also. Hopefully you will start selling prints and make some coin also!!

Congratulations and what an honor. You are very deserving of it. Thanks for sharing your work with us. Dan.

gbflyer":1fqmjmfl said:
Can you tell us about your camera gear or is it a trade secret?[emoji1]

It's a pretty simple setup. Olympus OM-D with a 75-300 Zuiko lens.

I like it. Reasonably compact, so it tags along with me most of the time.

Regards, Guy

Guy Miner":lbtr45at said:
gbflyer":lbtr45at said:
Can you tell us about your camera gear or is it a trade secret?[emoji1]

It's a pretty simple setup. Olympus OM-D with a 75-300 Zuiko lens.

I like it. Reasonably compact, so it tags along with me most of the time.

Regards, Guy
Nice. You’re right, and it’s kinda like binoculars. The best and most complex does no good when it’s sitting home. [emoji1]

The show went well yesterday and my photos will remain on display in the gallery through the end of the month.

I spent four hours there, had quite a few visitors. Sold five, including a real nice 24x24 canvas print.

Got more orders later, one just this morning. Bighorn sheep, moose and eagles were the most popular.

The gallery is dealing with Covid by limiting numbers of people to five at a time, and of course everyone is wearing masks. They also put together a little ten-minute video instead of having their big "First Friday Art Walk" event. Everything has been successful so far, and I'm a happy man. It was fun talking about the animals, the photos.

I kinda left out that I was actually on a hunting trip when I took a lot of the photos... :wink:

Guy

Guy Miner":2vijxpji said:
I kinda left out that I was actually on a hunting trip when I took a lot of the photos... :wink:

Guy

No need to confuse the uninitiated with details. (y)

Back