out for a walk

jimbires

Handloader
Aug 16, 2011
I got out early yesterday, walking around listening for turkey, and looking for deer sheds and travel routes . I came across this beaver dam and hut . I thought it looked nice in the morning sun . when the grandson arrived in the afternoon , I took him and Denise for a walk and brought my camera along . I brought them into it from the other side . I thought it was a nice scene . this beaver dam is in a good place . it's out to where it shouldn't bother anything . I know they can be a huge pain ,causing damage when they get in the wrong place . I don't know how plentiful beaver are in some parts, I thought some of you guys might enjoy .

P3130059.JPG

P3130060.JPG

P3130067.JPG

Great photos. Beaver are plentiful here in northern British Columbia. Yes, they can be a bother, but they are fun to watch, nevertheless.

DrMike":3f5n3sk3 said:
Great photos. Beaver are plentiful here in northern British Columbia. Yes, they can be a bother, but they are fun to watch, nevertheless.

Same here in central Washington. Lots of them around. Can be a problem, but often they're very helpful too. Pretty dry climate here, only about 8" of precipitation annually. The beaver dams back up water in the canyons, very much appreciated by the local wildlife.

Guy

Great find in the woods. How nice that you were able to share it with others.

Dan

I've been out several times on our property and now going to really cover it good now that the snow is gone. I found a shed a couple weeks ago.

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20210226_145959018.jpg
    IMG_20210226_145959018.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 912
I'll guess the past 2 - 3 weeks , I've had deer come in my yard with the scabs on their head from loosing their horns . I haven't been able to find any sheds though .

Back