Dogwoods in bloom GSMNP

Some lovely shots. The old cabin is especially welcomed. Interestingly, much of my own AO was settled not that long ago. I find cabins built in the late 60s from time-to-time on my expeditions. Yeah, that one does appear to be somewhat older than that.

DrMike":3edn3i1j said:
Some lovely shots. The old cabin is especially welcomed. Interestingly, much of my own AO was settled not that long ago. I find cabins built in the late 60s from time-to-time on my expeditions. Yeah, that one does appear to be somewhat older than that.

Mike these are in an area of the GSMNP called Cades Cove. It is one of mine and my wife’s favorite places. It’s a cove tucked into the mountains that was a mountain community back in the 1800 through the 1900’s until the park was created. There is a 11 mile loop road and a couple of cut through roads and there are several cabins, three churches and a concentration of wildlife like almost nowhere else. There use to be so many deer that we would stop counting when we hit 100. A lot of them were killed off by disease several years back but it seems that we now see more bears than we did back then.

Bruce

I can see how that would be a favoured retreat for you. I haven't explored the GSM region, though I would enjoy spending some time just familiarizing myself with that treasure. My time in TN was spent pipelining in central TN (and that was many years ago). Our travels to the east coast didn't really spend time south of VA.

Guy Miner":32yvm6on said:
Very nice photos! Makes me want to visit the area.

Thank you.

Guy it’s an awesome place with or without a camera but I love trying to capture worthwhile images of the area and it’s inhabitants.
If you ever decide to visit let me know and if I can I’d love to meet up and do some photos. It’s about a 3 hour drive from where I live.

Bruce

Love seeing the dogwoods in the spring.
Beautiful picture of the river.

JD338

wvbuckbuster":2nhommj4 said:
Very pretty. What we are seeing in my stretch of WV. Dan.

Our are green now. My wife worked 32 years for a CPA firm and we couldn’t get up there with dogwoods blooming except for one year where the dogwoods bloomed late. Last year she changed jobs but started the first or March so COVID kept us from going.

Bruce

Back