Eagle with Fish

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Seen this morning while walking Maverick along the Columbia River, near Wenatchee Washington. The eagle seemed to thoroughly enjoy his fish breakfast!

Kt5VbF1l.jpg

Regards, Guy

To capture the moment so that it can be enjoyed again and again by anyone is truly an act of artistry. 'Tis noble to use the camera to preserve these moments. Thank you.

Great picture Guy. I got to witness an eagle catch a pike in the UP once. My buddy and I were fishing and never got a bite. We both know who ruled on that lake.
Thank you for posting this.

JD338

Thanks all. I saw the eagle fly to that tree with his fish, so I walked slowly closer with my dog. I know this eagle, and he doesn't tolerate people getting too close - he just flies away. So I calmed my dog down, explained that no, this is not a pheasant, you really don't want to go get it. :wink:

Sat on the hillside, steadied the camera on my fist, which was on my left knee. When I started watching the eagle, there was no sun on him. The sun was still too low, behind the ridge. I knew though that the sunlight was coming.

So I took a few photos without direct sun, just so I'd have something if the eagle decided to leave. They're okay, but don't compare to this one.

When the light hit the eagle, I knew it was time to start taking more photos. This exposure looked the best when I got home and reviewed the photos.

Honestly, this wildlife photography stuff is a LOT like hunting. Have to consider so many of the same things. Light. Wind. Range. The animal's activity and alertness. How to stalk closer. Can I hike up that ridge in time? Etc...

I'm hoping to have some new wildlife photos a few weeks from now, going on a bit of a photo safari here in the American west. :)

Guy

Back