6mm Remington

Sure is a neat cartridge. I've been loading for one since 1974. I sorta suspect that there's not enough of a market for Nosler to bother with loading ammo for it, but it would be great if I was wrong!

Guy

I just picked one up it was to clean and the price was right to pass up.

Nosler saved me from having to reload my 300SAUM and was kind of hoping they would do the same for the 6mm.

I am shooting Hornady 95gr SST right now but would like to see a something in the 60gr - 75 gr level for prairiedogs and paperwork in the 300- 500yd range. :)

I am sorry that I missed this post!! :oops: We still have not heard any talk about this cartridge being offered from Nosler. You never know what will happen though.

6mm Remington: I too would like to see Nosler load ammo for it in their custom line. I cannot believe that some of the chamberings they load right now are more popular than the 6mm! I have shot everything from gophers to elk with my 6mm Remington, and It has never failed me. I think the 6mm is head and shoulders above the .243 Winchester.

I am trying some 90 gr. E-tips in my son's Ruger Model 77 MKII in 6mm. They look like they will be terrific and I hope his rifle likes them. I have a bunch loaded up to take to the range and try, weather permitting. I'd also love to see Nosler make a 6mm/.243 90 or 95 gr AccuBond. Is there anyone else out there who would like to see this bullet for this caliber???

Nosler are you considering loading the 6mm Remington? Seems to be interest in this great cartridge!! :lol: Remington is chambering it in their 2011 CDL SF limited edition model this year.

You guys are chambering the 257 Roberts in your new rifle and loading for it also, it just seems to be a natural progression to also load for and chamber the 6mm Remington :!: . :grin:

I am also another 6mm Rem fan. I would like Nosler 6mm Rem Brass for sure & a AccuBond Longrange bullet with a hight B.C. that would work in factory rifles twist rate.

1100 Remington Man":1xn70npy said:
I am also another 6mm Rem fan. I would like Nosler 6mm Rem Brass for sure & a AccuBond Longrange bullet with a hight B.C. that would work in factory rifles twist rate.

I would love to see a high BC AccuBond. Seems like a good reason to have a 243 or 6mm Remington built.

Marketing decisions have ruined more than one great cartridge from Remington. The 6 mm Rem has always seemed to me to be the cartridge than should have survived in the 24 calibre competition. I can only conclude that corporate decisions on twist killed what should have been a clear winner. The .243 Win earned its place and has prevailed. However, were I purchasing or building a 24 calibre today, I would undoubtedly look seriously at a 6 mm Remington.

Mike I sure wish we could get Nosler to at least start making cartridges and/or brass for the 6mm Remington. They have rounds for some really unusual chamberings. I would think the 6mm Rem would do fairly well for them. Any suggestions on how to get them on board? Maybe they are watching our posts???

I imagine that Nosler representatives are aware of what is posted on this forum. If there is obvious interest here, that would indicate to Nosler that there is a potential market. Time for you to do a sales job, David. :grin:

DrMike":1ccribdd said:
I imagine that Nosler representatives are aware of what is posted on this forum. If there is obvious interest here, that would indicate to Nosler that there is a potential market. Time for you to do a sales job, David. :grin:
I'm trying Dr. Mike, I'm trying!! :grin: :shock:

6 mm Remington brass
6 mm Remington brass
6 mm Remington brass

I'm going the subliminal route, David. :grin: Is it working?

6 mm Remington brass
6 mm Remington brass
6 mm Remington brass

DrMike":2e0urwl5 said:
6 mm Remington brass
6 mm Remington brass
6 mm Remington brass

I'm going the subliminal route, David. :grin: Is it working?

6 mm Remington brass
6 mm Remington brass
6 mm Remington brass
Yep my ears were burning! :lol:

Man, how much of a cool trio would that be, the 6mm Rem, 257 Roberts and the 7x57...

SJB358":87mlj5pj said:
Man, how much of a cool trio would that be, the 6mm Rem, 257 Roberts and the 7x57...

Two out of three ain't bad. I may have to buy/build a 6 mm Remington. If it weren't for having David giving me the gears because I owned one... :mrgreen:

Back