Nosler trophy grade ammo in 375 H&H

LD375

Handloader
May 18, 2009
Was thinking of trying this ammo with the 260gr nosler Partition 8) in my sako 85 Kodak.
Any input would be great, @ 2750 fps, it should be flat shooting out to 300 yds,and hammer Moose with authority.Thanks, Lou

Lou

The 260 gr PT at 2750 fps from your 375 H&H would be a 300 yard moose hammer!
Slam one into the jugs and show us. :)

JD338

Heck yeah Lou. Can't imagine you'd give up anything to a 30-06 in trajectory and man, what a bunch of energy you'd put on target.

SJB358":1xnifhr3 said:
Heck yeah Lou. Can't imagine you'd give up anything to a 30-06 in trajectory and man, what a bunch of energy you'd put on target.

Thanks Scotty and Jim, my dealer has this ammo in stock, gonna try them out for sure, if they group well for me, they well be in my hunting travels. I like the 300gr as well, but the 260's have the right combo of weight/speed that I'm looking for. Time to gather up some more jugs :wink: ..Lou

Yeah for sure Lou. I'd be pretty happy with that 260 PT for just about anything worldwide.

It's pretty hard to beat the 260 gr AccuBond for all around use in the 375's they left good wound channels on the bears I shot with them going 2750 fps.

SJB358":30zmcd51 said:
Yeah for sure Lou. I'd be pretty happy with that 260 PT for just about anything worldwide.
Scotty, is the nosler brass made by norma?..That's what I've heard.I've never purchased/shot this ammo before, not to many reviews on it as well, the few reviews I've read have all been good. Anyways, I'm picking up 2 boxes loaded with the 260gr PT (for now) on sunday :) ..Gonna sight in the brute 3" high @100yds. That's a 230yd zero, and about 6.5" low @300yds with lots of KE to spare :twisted: ..Lou

I don't know who makes it but it is good! I've used some of there ammo for my 22-250 and it shot really well. It still has my best group out of that rifle at under a .1". Not bad for factory fodder!

nvbroncrider":3mzws7sc said:
I don't know who makes it but it is good! I've used some of there ammo for my 22-250 and it shot really well. It still has my best group out of that rifle at under a .1". Not bad for factory fodder!
Thanks :grin: .I'm looking forward to trying this load, I'm sure it well perform very well out of the sako 85 Kodiak, so far, everything I put through it has been all sub MOA, it by far well out shoot my 270wsm :shock: ..It has qwickly become my favourite rifle, and my favourite caliber by far.Lou

Norma claimed credit on their web site as recently as a year ago for making Nosler brass.

DrMike":1709mb4h said:
Norma claimed credit on their web site as recently as a year ago for making Nosler brass.
Thanks Mike, that's what I've heard also. I could be wrong, but also heard that Norma machinery is used to mfg Nosler bullets as well, Lou

270wsm":i5l8jwkh said:
I've heard ... that Norma machinery is used to mfg Nosler bullets as well, Lou

That is quite doubtful. I would anticipate that Nosler will make their own brass eventually, but when starting out, they will spec out what they want and find a manufacturer to produce to specs. Bullets, however, are their specialty.

DrMike":24dllwwh said:
270wsm":24dllwwh said:
I've heard ... that Norma machinery is used to mfg Nosler bullets as well, Lou

That is quite doubtful. I would anticipate that Nosler will make their own brass eventually, but when starting out, they will spec out what they want and find a manufacturer to produce to specs. Bullets, however, are their specialty.
I agree Mike, and great bullets they are :)

I think that would be a sweet combo for your 375 Lou. That 260 should be absolutely awesome in your rifle under any circumstance.

I have heard a few times about Norma making Nosler's brass, and even Federal, but either way, it is top notch stuff from what I have shot.

Well Scotty, I have them pal :) at the range yesterday, they chamber and eject very smooooth and are dead on accurate, well within MOA @100yds.The brass is of high quality, and polished as well. As for the bullets, the PT has always been 1 of my favourites.I give this factory ammo an A+ rating.Lou

This life size 1400# bull was takin with a bow in the Yukon, It's at my local outdoor store, and everytime I go there, I just simply stare at this beast! 8)

Lou,

Those should work nicely on anything you would ever want to hunt in NA.

JD338

JD338":1goiag28 said:
Lou,

Those should work nicely on anything you would ever want to hunt in NA.

JD338
Thanks Jim, that's my plan pal :wink: :twisted:

Oh, yeah, Lou, those will work very well for dropping ... about anything you want to hunt. :grin:

DrMike":2ep2stn2 said:
Oh, yeah, Lou, those will work very well for dropping ... about anything you want to hunt. :grin:
Thanks guys :grin: I well slam one into some jugs very,very soon :twisted: ...Lou

Lou - that's pretty cool. GREAT moose by the way, thanks for sharing the photo of that big bull. Dang...

I've done a fair bit of handloading with the 260 - 270 grain bullets and found the .375 H&H very accurate and effective with them. I've not yet loaded the 260/270 gr Partitions, but did rely on the 260 AccuBond on my bear hunt almost three years ago. Loaded to a modest 2620 fps, I zeroed the rifle at 200 yards, and it was down about 9" or so at 300 yards.

When the shot opportunity came, at just over 300 yards, it simply wasn't a problem! Trajectory, accuracy and a mighty fine bullet made it all come together.

I think you're going to see very similar results from your 260 gr Partitions, maybe with even better penetration!

Regards, Guy

Back