Noslet BT ammunition

A

Anonymous

Anyone tried this out? Appears pretty available in a lot of spots..like Cabelas.

It's appealing to me because I shoot pretty much all of the cartridges they make it in...less spendy than Fed Premium and Trophy Grade and (should be) better quality than "Blue Box" and "Power Point".

Not super stoked about the BT bullets but they apparently work when not abused with high impact speeds.

Speaking of Nosler BT bullets, and I have used them for years ever since they came out to replace the solid base line, I am loosing that warm fuzzy feeling when I look at the current pricing on BT bullets, to start with when they went from 100 in a box to fifty, implying they were something custom or handmade sorta suggestion, I thought well thats an interesting "marketing technique" likely suggested by a Harvard MBA.......... there are alot of super nice bullets out there to pick from, personally at $45
Suggested retail for a box of 100 (2 boxes of fifty) I really think that is WAY over the top in pricing?? I think they will loose alot Of potential sales, because of over pricing these bullets..........(I can think of 10 boxes off the top of my head since Dec 1st).However, when I need a "Partition" to save my life, I will pay a preamium price, gladly for that piece of mind.............. but the BT is NOT a PT.......... but they sure as heck have become priced like them...... :shock:
However in selecting a bullet to shoot a deer or caribou sorta game, with so many good bullets available in the $22/27 range
For a box of a HUNDRED! So I think at approximately 50% more for the Nosler BT, they are pricing themselves right off the map?
I know this is the Nosler board, and their are many staunch followers here, that wont agree with me, some probably would pay a hundred bucks a box for BTs to shoot a porkypine, but am not part of that movement. I do not want to hurt anyones feelings on here or start WW3, argueing about bullets. But if anyone can explain to me after using BT bullets for 30 years, how they got to be worth 50% more than any other comparable projectile I am all ears, if you just like the looks of them, the pretty box, that isnt going to cut it........... over priced .......

A major contributor to bullet prices has been the cost of metals, especially copper. Over five years ago I was advising customers to buy brass and bullets in larger quantities, anticipating needs for at least a year at a time. The genesis of that advice was the demand for copper coming from China and India in particular. Copper prices were rising due to the demand, driven in no small measure by the decision of the government of the United States to push electric cars. Yup! Those batteries required copper, and China was poised to become a major supplier of batteries for electric cars (thanks to give-aways by the US Government). So long as gilding metal and copper are used for bullet jackets, and so long as brass is used for cases, manufacturers must compete with the demand (may I say BIG demand) of international traders for the metal. Manufacturers respond by raising prices and reducing volume in the packaging. Supply and demand are driving the price increases.

I hear you Mike, and you would be the last guy on here I would ever lock horns with, but that cost is right across the board for everyone, not just Nosler......... I am a true Nosler guy, for 40 years, but this current pricing on BT has me yawning........ :roll: .

hodgeman":9ymibc79 said:
Anyone tried this out? Appears pretty available in a lot of spots..like Cabelas.

It's appealing to me because I shoot pretty much all of the cartridges they make it in...less spendy than Fed Premium and Trophy Grade and (should be) better quality than "Blue Box" and "Power Point".

Not super stoked about the BT bullets but they apparently work when not abused with high impact speeds.

Hodgeman - I have not tried out their factory ammo - but have been very pleased with the performance of Ballistic Tips in 6mm, .257" and .30 cal on deer & antelope.

Guy

I've purchased "seconds" of Nosler BT ammo from Shooters Pro Shop. One of my 270 Win Vanguards shoots it under an inch - at 200 yards.

I've also measured it, and it is by far the most consistent and straightest factory ammo of the several brands I tested.

Nosler BT's from the SPS is another story, first time I see them listed on there, I will get enough of them to last me out! Always liked The bullets ,And their performance ,was never in question, just their suggested retail priceing! Lol :x

I've have only tried BT in handloads and they have performed great from 2700-2900 fps for me. I've never loaded them faster than that mainly because I've the calibers I've used them in ( 6.5mm) but you mention the blue box federal and power points, and I've had some viscious instant drops out of those. In many of my guns the cheap blue box federal have made excellent mushrooms and great accuracy. The old power points were excellent killers for me when I still shot factory ammo only in the 270 Win.

Wasnt Federal blue box loaded with their common "power shok" bullets, I guess I never noticed the stuff with the BT ?? :?
IMG_20160203_013054.jpg

I don't know what bullets were really in those. I had several beautiful mushrooms from them though.

I think Federals Power Shoks or whatever they are called use Speer bullets.

I hear you on the price of BTs. I just hawk the Pro Shop and get what I can.

SPS had a special on 7mm08 120 grain Ballistic Tip ammo so I bought several boxes. Nice knowing that I'll have quality brass for reloading after I shoot these up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never purchased Nosler bullets at retail. It's SPS or nothing, for me.

Having said that, I use more Nosler bullets than anything else, with probably Sierra running second.

Back