Nosler Factory 270 Win 140 BT

NYDAN

Handloader
Sep 17, 2013
Why am I trying to reload when I can shoot factory loads like this? 4 shots in a 3/8" group at 100 yds. My first sub .5 MOA group and it is with factory ammo. Good job Nosler. (y)

Attachments

• Nosler_Factory_140_BT.jpg
    Nosler_Factory_140_BT.jpg
    578.5 KB · Views: 2,706
The quality on factory ammunition continues to improve. It becomes more difficult all the time to match even accuracy with what is produced. Velocity? Factory makes it very difficult to better with our handloads.

I hate to admit it....

I've largely given up on hand loading- I hunt far more than I shoot these days so the economy just isn't there. The quality of factory ammo is so good there's little gain in accuracy or bullet performance either.

All of my rifles have several factory loads that shoot under MOA with appropriate hunting bullets. Hard to justify handloading with performance like that.

Just the satisfaction of knowing the round you produced was responsible for a clean kill on a trophy. I consider every kill a trophy and thank God for the opportunity.

Nice!
Stock up and call it good.
Buy a new rifle and start loading for that one. :)

JD338

I have the same thing with that same ammo in one of my 270s. Now I just need to buy a bunch of it.

In general, for common chamberings if I find a sub-moa factory load that performs well I stop worring about finding a handload. It is much more economical to find a handload for a Weatherby chambering at $70 or more a box than for a 270 at $22-27 a box.

FYI I checked a bunch of different factory loads for concentricity not too long ago. The only one that matched handloads was the exact same load you're shooting. Almost every other factory load had a lot more variation in it than what I'm making myself.

Back