6.8 SPC ammunition

Johnjohnb73

Beginner
Nov 4, 2015
Had a failure to fire this past weekend at the range using some SSA 110gr 6.8 SPC. The failure was due to the case having no flash hole. Wondered if this is a cause for concern? Bolt face seemed okay but the primer push out did cause the bolt to"lock in battery" temporarily until it was persuaded to come loose...
Anyone else have this problem? I've been reloading for several years now and never seen a factory round without a flash hole....

Attachments

• IMAG1147.jpg
    IMAG1147.jpg
    744.4 KB · Views: 2,119
  • IMAG1143.jpg
    IMAG1143.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 2,119
Here's the round before I pulled out down, thought maybe it had a bad powder charge... ( powder was right on...BTW..)

Attachments

• IMAG1148.jpg
    IMAG1148.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 2,118
Well, that would certainly get one's attention! Never encountered that. Sorry to see this as your first post. Nevertheless, welcome aboard. Perhaps others have encountered such situations. I've encountered factory ammunition that was waaaaay hotter than it should have been and factory ammunition that was visibly distorted; but I've never found a factory round without a flash hole. I have encountered that situation in brass on a couple of occasions.

It won't deter me from either brand, I've loaded plenty of each... Never had a problem from SSA brass before, but yes, quite an attention getter...

Call Mike in Nosler's customer service about your issue. The fail to fire issue with older SSA ammo is a known problem. I sent in several boxes of the same ammo you are having the issue with because of misfires and Nosler is going to replace the ammo. The real problem is, I as well as others have been waiting for over a year for replacement 110 gr Accubonds because Nosler hasn't made a run of that ammo yet.

Back