270 Weatherby

bmgillum

Beginner
Jun 20, 2012
I have a Mark V 270...all I have ever shot out of it is Weatherby factory loads...extremely accurate I might add...I see that Nosler has several factory loads for this rifle and was wondering if anyone here has used them...I realize that most of you are purists hand loaders but thought there might be one or two of you out there that don't...I need to stock up on ammo before Clinton is elected and we have another shortage...anyway, was wondering how they performed for you...they are a few dollars cheaper than Wby factory loads...

Thanks/bg

Buddy, I'm all about saving money but unless your going to shoot 100's of rounds that Weatherby ammo is pretty excellent. Fast and accurate. Nosler is good stuff, don't get me wrong but a few bucks either way probably won't make difference. Plus, I haven't found Nosler ammo to run to the advertised specs very often. Never tried it in the 270 WBY, but the few I did were pretty shy on speed.

What do you mean before Clinton gets elected?????? That sounds like defeatism. I'm still holding out for the FBI to get her and god forbid if she does get elected hopefully congress will impeach her and make it stick.

Thanks Scotty...I can always count on getting good advice from you...

Honestly, since I bought the Sako Swede I haven't used the WBY much at all...and, I have 15 boxes of ammo for it...only have about 3 1/2 boxes for the Bee so need to get maybe 4 more...two of the 140 ab and two of the 150 Partition should do me...again, thanks...

Cheers/bg

My Hill Country-customized Weatherby ULW in .257 Weatherby shoots factory NBT and AB ammunition into 3 shot groups under half an inch - at 200 yards. Both the previous owner and myself have tried to handload for it but gotten nowhere near the same accuracy.

For a handloader it's painful to pay $80/box for factory ammo, but given the extreme accuracy it gives me I just do it. I recently went so far as to buy a crimping die for the caliber just to see if that might be the trick, though it will probably be a while before I actually test the theory.

I just mention this given that you've found factory ammo to be extremely accurate as well. There are times when I think we're better off working on other rifles than the ones that shoot far better than we do, and do it with factory ammo.

No worries Buddy. If your not tearing it up those Weatherby boxes should last a long time.

Back