33 Nosler....Now I'm interested.

A

Anonymous

I've been sort of "ho-hum" about the Nosler cartridges until this point. Overbore, sub .30s moving super fast don't really hold a lot of appeal to me and the world is plain lousy with fast .30s already. You can only get so much done with velocity and for me, gains in speed over 3k fps just come with too much cost.

For what I do and where I hunt though.... a fast .33 holds some appeal. Now I'm interested. An '06 length .33 that zips a 225gr AB could do it all for me. Lots of killing stick with more range than I'll ever use. I like it. I'm sure it will kick darn hard in the M48- but to me this is a pure hunting cartridge.

I agree. Could be quite a hammer.
I'll be interested how it comes out.
Yeah, might be a little abrupt on the bench.

I'm a fan of the .338, I have a few different kinds.
338-06
338 Win.
338 RUM
The Rum has been shot and hunted a good bit. Lots of power with this one. I could take it down a hair with a new barrel chambered in 33 Nosler. I know this isn't much less.
I think it would work on par with the RUM.

Happy Hunting

i absolutely love my ru, killed three elk with a 338 win all of them walked away, died ahortly and all shot in the shoulder, shot didtance was 60 to 340 yards. now when i stepped up to the rum things changed, elk were flattened i mean 1 and done no were gonna run off and your gonna track me, i mean bang flop raise the white flag. a 225 AccuBond at 3100 fps is not very nice to elk and horrible on deer.

Read an article today(okay...so I was speed reading in the checkout line :) ) on the 33 Nosler. the article was way more than complimentary of the 33 Nosler. Espousing its virtues as better than the 338 Lapua. Surprised it hasn't seen more air time here? CL

My hunting partner has purchased one... looks really good. So far he hasn't been able to get factory ammunition or load data squared away.

Should come together this summer.

str8meat":15hc9ca4 said:
i absolutely love my ru, killed three elk with a 338 win all of them walked away, died ahortly and all shot in the shoulder, shot didtance was 60 to 340 yards. now when i stepped up to the rum things changed, elk were flattened i mean 1 and done no were gonna run off and your gonna track me, i mean bang flop raise the white flag. a 225 AccuBond at 3100 fps is not very nice to elk and horrible on deer.

Just curious to the bullet that was used in the .338 win mag? Was it the 225 AccuBond?

Thanks..........chs

338 win mag elk kills were with 230 fail safes and 1 was a swift scirroco. the rum is 225 accubonds.

Back