300 Win Mag survey

Fascinating workup. The results were about as expected. Still, it is always interesting to see the results of someone's hard work. Thanks for posting.

That was a great run down. Those Interbonds are pretty danged impressive. I'd really like to get my hands on some of those Trophy Bonded Tipped bullets... pretty impressive.

The Trophy Bonded got my attention also, looks like it has the best all round characteristics.
I am also considering the Remington Hyper Sonic Ultra Bonded for black bear, massive mushroom and quick energy release sounds like good bear medicine.

I used a lot of the old Trophy Bonded bullets before ATK gained control of them. The 175 grain .284 was my preferred bullet in my 7 RM. It accounted for a good number of moose, elk and black bears. I have no doubt that the new Trophy Bonded bullets is still a fine projectile.

DrMike":3c1y49n3 said:
I used a lot of the old Trophy Bonded bullets before ATK gained control of them. The 175 grain .284 was my preferred bullet in my 7 RM. It accounted for a good number of moose, elk and black bears. I have no doubt that the new Trophy Bonded bullets is still a fine projectile.

Man, id be all over the new ones were they ever released as components.

Mike, have you or any of you all known anybody to take game with them?

There doesn't seem to be enough of these particular loadings sold around here to make a valid assessment of their lethality. They are certainly pretty. However, if I was spending as much as charged to shoot them, there are other brands with premium bullets more commonly available. That seems to be the way things go. Federal does sell a lot of the blue box and Fusion loads in this area. Premium ammunition--not so much. At least, that is the way it appears to me. If these bullets were available as a component, there is no question but that I'd be trying them.

Hey Doc,
Maybe give Wolverine Guns and Tackle a call in Red Deer Alberta 877-341-0220
I was having big time issues finding Winchester AccuBond CT 140 grainers for my 270 WSM here in Ontario and come to find out they had truck loads of them. It may be worth a call to see if they carry Trophy Bonded in your calibre

Actually, I seldom if ever shoot factory ammo. That occurs only when I am working with a customer's rifle and they specifically request that I use a factory ammunition. Otherwise, my work is exclusively hand loads with very few exceptions. I am familiar with Wolverine, having purchased a few goodies from them in the past. Good to know that they were carrying a selection of Federal ammunition.

SJB358":zv7dghc7 said:
DrMike":zv7dghc7 said:
, have you or any of you all known anybody to take game with them?

I shot a caribou with one a couple years ago. 130gr in a .270... worked pretty well.

I was backing up another hunter who wounded a nice bull. I shot it quartering away at 450ish as it was trying to leave the area. Broke the hind leg on the way in and the front shoulder on the way out and wrecked most of the in-between. Bull went down and had died by the time we hiked to him.

I'd use one. Not my preferred bulllet but they are tough and penetrate well. I most likely would not use one on deer but if you had a rifle you wanted to move up to a larger class of critter- like a .270 on elk or moose- it's not a bad choice.

Thanks Hodgeman. Great intel. From the pictures it looks very good all the way around. Pretty similar expansion to the older TBBC's.

Back