Nosler E-tip performance on game?

nickshultz

Beginner
Apr 3, 2008
My 300 WSM rifles loves the 150 grain E-Tips and I plan on using them for this upcoming deer season. Anyone have experience with the bullet regarding its performance on deer? expansion?

I have not personally done so ,however the actual ON-GAME reports we have received here and some other forums seem to be very positive.

Expansion should initiate about 1900 fps impact velocity.

They work fine...150gr E Tip 300 Win Mag
Picture357.jpg

[/img]
Picture366.jpg

Awesome pictures 7STW! Looks like they did pretty awesome. Any details on the shot or actual on game performance. Scotty

I have shot 2 mule deer and a wolf with the 168 gr E-tip launched out of my 300 wsm @ ~3000 fps.
The first deer was a full broadside at 175 yards through the ribs. Entry hole was about 2 1/2" in diameter as was the exit. Blood-shot on the entry side was extensive with bruising extending up into the loins.

The second deer was at about 80 yards and again a full broadside through the ribs. The entry was again abut 2 1/2" in diameter but the exit was under 1/2". The lungs literally poured out of the chest cavity when I cleaned it. Again energy transfer and blood-shot meat was very apparent.

The wolf was an adult male of about 150 pounds. It was facing me at about 30 feet when it bought a bullet dead-centre in his chest. The bullet traveled the full-length of the animal and exited just below his anus. To say was impressed with the penetration would be an understatement.

Cariboo":3tkgn8q9 said:
I have shot 2 mule deer and a wolf with the 168 gr E-tip launched out of my 300 wsm @ ~3000 fps.
The first deer was a full broadside at 175 yards through the ribs. Entry hole was about 2 1/2" in diameter as was the exit. Blood-shot on the entry side was extensive with bruising extending up into the loins.

The second deer was at about 80 yards and again a full broadside through the ribs. The entry was again abut 2 1/2" in diameter but the exit was under 1/2". The lungs literally poured out of the chest cavity when I cleaned it. Again energy transfer and blood-shot meat was very apparent.

The wolf was an adult male of about 150 pounds. It was facing me at about 30 feet when it bought a bullet dead-centre in his chest. The bullet traveled the full-length of the animal and exited just below his anus. To say was impressed with the penetration would be an understatement.

That is pretty good performance. I've used the E-Tip on several moose (.277 130 grain and .338 200 grain) and elk (all with .277 130 grain) so far, and each has worked to perfection.

FOTIS":2een0179 said:
I ordered some 7mm 150's for my 7mm RUM Sako

They should be screamers in your RUM..

I have wanted to try them in something. Maybe I need to give them a shot in something.

Velocity will be in the 3400 fps range. Accuracy as you know is always the question.

Hope this helps. Have worked for us pretty darn well.

Bullettests-5-4-12021.jpg

E-tips in back at 25, 100, 300, and 400 yards. Front row Partitions at 25,100, & 400 yards.

E-tipPartition002.jpg

6mm Remington 90 gr. E-tip shot front on. E-tip went into chest and out behind the shoulder.

015-6.jpg

6mm Remington and cow elk at 350 yards. ONE shot behind right shoulder and exited left shoulder. She went 20-25 yards!
013-1.jpg

They look great (even though the 400 yard one is borderline acceptable to me) but there is just something about mono-metals in the back of my mind....

You know????????

FOTIS":128ffgkn said:
They look great (even though the 400 yard one is borderline acceptable to me) but there is just something about mono-metals in the back of my mind....

You know????????

Same here. I wanna see what they look like out of your RUM at 400... The PT's always look great, no matter the range.

When you look at them from the top Fotis, it doesn't look quite as bad. The e-tip does look pretty darn similar to the Patition at 100 yards. I guess it all depends too on how and what angles they strike plastic (multiple jugs) or bones as they are penetrating. Lots of variables though and I do understand your concerns.

E-tipPartition004.jpg

You mean 30-378 ....................... Rum is gone

Can't fault you I can not keep up sometimes! :mrgreen:

Either way the deadliest mono and most accurate I have ever used is the GS Custom.

FOTIS":exowsx3m said:
You mean 30-378 ....................... Rum is gone

Can't fault you I can not keep up sometimes! :mrgreen:

Either way the deadliest mono and most accurate I have ever used is the GS Custom.

I didn't know the 7 was gone....

Man, I am slow.. Been trying to keep up.

I do think the PT lets off a little extra destruction though. Although, the OLDDDDDDDD DR. seems to really be hammering game with them ET's!

I meant the 300 rum is gone. The 7mm rum is still here. She is a queen!

wm_1537072.jpg

PHEWWWWWW, that is the one I hope you keep. I think the 7RUM is really a hammer, and way overbore, but that rifle with 175 PT's would be all an elk hunter would ever want for. Plus, it is classy as all get out.

Stoke that beast with big bullets and lets see it rip Fotis!

She shoots 2 shot groups in the .15-.2's. with Hornadies 162 BT IL and in the .2-.4" with 160 AB's. Both at 3300 fps
Unfortunately she warm ups quick~

Yeah, that's a keeper Fotis. Really those, for hunting you would do, that sounds like an awesome rifle. I always thought a 175 PT at 3100+ would be elk dynamite and let you really reach far. Never heard of a Sako that didn't shoot. Can't complain too much about that kinda rifle, even a two shotter!

Back