BlkRam's Working Guns

Gil, you would have liked the gun show here today there were a couple of excellent collections of 94s. I can not believe the prices they were asking for those rifles :shock:.
April that visit you are going to have up with Mike & Gil just wondering if it is by invitation only as I do not partake in Alcohol but a Diet Pepsi & good company is always enjoyable (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Since the good Dr believes I lost my mind sometime ago due to the number of Remington's I own (and he seems to envy them enough to now own 3 or 4), I'm not surprised that he would say such a thing. But as his trusty native guide, I am here to tell you that it if it weren't for me, he would never have found his way home on many an occasion so that he could be sharing his upcoming 50th anniversary with Lynda! He is also lucky, as these broad shoulders have helped get his harvested game out of the bush for so many years. But what can you do? Grin, smile and nod, and enjoy the fun and adventures together, and get to tease each other endlessly with our families, friends and new hunting acquaintances! LOL

I may suffer from "sometimers", but being a couple of decades younger than the Mike, I haven't yet suffered from "old timers" yet! LOL

And I've told Mike about the first hunting lesson I learned from my Grandma; after downing my first ruffie with the 410, she told me to go and collect my bird. I set the shotgun down against a fallen tree and went about 20 yards beyond to collect the grouse. While doing this, she moved the shotgun to the tree she was standing beside. When I came back with my bird, she asked me where my gun was. I turned to the fallen tree and found that it was not there. She produced the shotgun, and told me to never leave my gun behind. A lesson I have never forgotten.

Gerry, if I ever suffer such a moment of weakness, I will remember that you called "dibs". I just do not anticipate such an event, as it has taken about 25 years to find this rifle!

April, I look forward to meeting you whenever you get a chance to travel up to our neck of the woods. I'm sure we could rustle up some wild game dinner for you, and share a beverage. My wife is the wine expert in our family. Looking forward to hearing your stories.

Yup, neither Gil nor I can lay claim to being connoisseur of the elixir of life. Now, a good Coke! That's another story. In fact, I enjoyed a bottle this evening. Popped the cap and smiled, as I exclaimed, "September of 2016! Excellent vintage, properly aged."

Gil has indeed functioned as my trusty native guide for some years now. Trust it will be a few more before I have to give up the hunt, though there are times when...

Reading over the post here has caused me to remember the three lever guns I once owned. A early Marlin 336 30-30 my Dad bought me for my first deer rifle the bore looked beautiful in the old micro grove barrel but for some reason Winchester ammo would key hole and it would only shoot Rem-Peters or federal, had a 1894 Marlin original 38-40 that I bought for nostalgia, the bore was black and pitted but if it could only talk, I traded it for my first reloading press which I still own and last was the Savage 99 I restored but someone wanted it more than I did and it went to a collector.
Like Gill any firearm I buy has to earn it's keep and all have a purpose. the others I own were gifts and one day will be gifted to someone else as will the ones I use.

Just read the article in the new Rifleshooter magazine on Bighorn Armory's 460 lever action rifle.

The 260 grain 460 S&W out of its 22" barrel at 2460 fps generating about 3500 ft-lbs of energy! That eclipses the 35 Whelen and the 250 gr bullet at 2400 fps. How's that for bear thumping power?!?

Also available in 454 Casull. Comes in pretty nice wood, in blued or stainless. Not cheap, but great looking rifles!

Has me thinking about a new addition to the working levergun group!?!

Gil, I would grab that sucker. Perfect caliber for all those nasty Cape Buffalo running around B.C.

If your wondering, the boat had a couple of problems that needed to be attended to, hopefully tomorrow morning we will set sail to Greece.

Looking at "Cold" posts in the other topic section. Having breakfast on the patio, it is 60 degrees at nine a.m.----Hodgeman, cheyenne, wish you were here LOL

Now, April, there you go again. It isn't 60 degrees! It is 15.5 degrees! :mrgreen:

April, my wife Susan has instructed me to tell you that you're living her dream! Had to grab her and set her back down...she was asking where in Greece to meet you! LOL

Back