Weatherby Camilla photo added

That is a handsome rifle (or should I say, "lovely," as it was designed for and will be carried by a lady). Weatherby did a fine job on that rifle.

Guy, my granddaughter loves hers and we both thought it was a very attractive rifle. She also got a free Leopuld scope, but dont remember what she told me it was. The stock design will give you an idea why women who hunt prefer to have a different stock design that men do. With the increase in women hunting, several companies have started offered rifles with stock designs that fit women

Very nice setup!

That should do very nicely indeed, my guess will be that getting acceptable hunting accuracy will be a matter of just picking one- those Vanguards tend to shoot right out of the box. Can't ever remember hearing about a dud.

Pretty and practical at the same time.

Ya, I'll be surprised if it doesn't shoot well.

Sure looks and feels like a nicely built rifle. Looking forward to getting it sighted in, and seeing how she does with it!

Guy

69gto":jwijtt6w said:
Looks very nice Guy, my wife killed 8 orange juice jugs with hers yesterday.

Dang! (y)

How many tags did she draw for those? :grin:

I'm really excited for my friend - she loves the rifle already and hasn't shot it yet. Going to start her, and get a rough initial zero, with some Federal 150 grain FMJ stuff. Cheap, and we haven't handloaded anything for her rifle yet.

She told me that she doesn't want to hunt bear with it yet. She's a little intimidated by that idea, and wants to try mule deer first. Elk if she gets a deer.

Guy

Back