Nosler Homepage Shop Nosler Search Nosler Talk Loading & Reloading Nosler Load Data
Nosler Homepage Shop Nosler Search Nosler Talk Loading & Reloading Nosler Load Data
Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:07 am

• Custom Rifle Sale Ad
  • Shooters Pro Shop
  • Nosler Ballistics 2.0

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 6.5 Creedmoor - why?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:45 pm 

Big difference between getting a 69 grain bullet rolling via a 25 gr charge of H335.... and firing a 140 in front of a 40+ grain charge of 4350.... with the same cap.

There's also a big difference between sticking your anmo in the freezer.... and laying on a ditchline for two hours in 0 degree weather, waiting for a coyote to come by. When everything is cold, it's different than when just your ammo is cold.

I see/hear all the stuff about how the small rifle primer is fine in the cold, and how doesn't matter.... but my empirical evidence speaks volumes to the contrary... if only just to me.

I like the x47 conceptually.... and that rifle was the most accurate rifle I ever owned... if it was 20+ degrees, but it went tits-up in the cold. I agree on the benefits you mentioned such as super low ES/SD.... until my ES on one shot is 1247fps.... and a critter runs away snickering at my flaccid projectile dysfunction. I'll take a little higher ES/SD in exchange for reliability under a broader range of conditions.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:02 pm 

My only response is what the cartridge was designed for and use it as it was intended? There's plenty of cartridges out there that'll do what you're after, and without any issues? Which by the way anyone can use the same ammo that has a large rifle primer in a 6.5 Creedmoor , can't say that for too many other cartridges? Fact is the case comes with both designs, so it's a mute point IMO!

“It is not by muscle, speed, or physical dexterity that great things are achieved, but by reflection, force of character, and judgment.”

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:50 am 

SBJ358,

I too have a 6.5 Swede and I have been thinking about a CM. I am interested in the load you are getting using RL26, 140 gr AB's getting 2900fps. Please share.

Thank you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:02 pm 

SBJ358,

I found the thread with load data in the reloading forum.

Thank you

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:58 pm 

No problem... slow to get back to this. Hope it helped you out a little.

Actually, there are only two classes of people posting here: Model 70 owners and those who wish they had one. PATENT PENDING

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Moderators: JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS, NoslerV, Nosler4 Go to page Previous  1, 2