Price check for Remington M600 6.5 Rem Mag

Wis65x55

Handloader
Jul 31, 2011
Last night I was at a local gun show. A vendor had a Remington M600 6.5 Remington Mag asking $1500 firm. Is this price in line?
Keith

Unless it was NIB & unfired, no. I still wouldn't go over $1K, even then. Granted a Rem 600 anything is going to be a rare commodity, but even a pristine M600 in 35Rem (rarest) won't usually fetch that price.

Besides, a 6.5 Mag in a carbine is just a waste of powder and too much d@mn noise & unnecessary recoil.

Seems really high... saw several on GB listing in the $600-$700 range.

It'd have to be in really good shape or have some other real collector interest item to warrant that kind of freight.

That's the issue with gunshows...lots of folks with unusual pieces tend to think they are more valuable than they really are. They are unusual because they were a commercial flop.

G'Day Fella's,

Wis6.5x55, here is what i consider a far better option, over the mentioned Model 600.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/709587762
FYI, the Model 673 is basically a Remington Model 7 (with a full M-700 tang), and a 22" barrel, and this one is New In Box.

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

Hummm, that auction ends today and has had Zero bids at $800.01. Sez something about the minimum bid.

Back