One make of rifle only?

Almost all my rifles are Rugers - MKlls, Hawkeyes and #1s. I have a couple of short action BLRs. The first one I purchased to get a 358Win as it wasn't available from Ruger at the time. The 2nd BLR in 300WSM, I bought due to my experience with the first. I have since acquired a Hawkeye in 358Win. If it was available at the time, I likely wouldn't have gotten into the BLRs. The other exceptions are pistol caliber levers and pumps and 22's that Ruger doesn't offer although I have Ruger products in all the calibers that the "exceptions" are in. If I had to, I could be content with just Rugers.

I have three different brands at the present and have owned 6 different brands at one time or another.
I have only owned two brand new rifles and the others are or were used.
I currently have Winchester, Remington and Ruger in my current stable of center fire rifles.
I could live with one brand if need be and don't really have a preference except it needs to be accurate and dependable and as far as caliber goes I could live with just one also and did for many years using it to kill just about everything I needed to use a rifle for.

I have a LOT of Remington 700 based rifles from 221FB to .458 Lott plus 4 Remington 50 caliber muzzleloaders and a dozen plus more Remington or Remington clone actions laying around for builds. I also have 8 Remington shotguns. I do have a couple Winchesters and a smattering of other brands (Anschutz, Ruger, Kimber, Sauer, Interarms, and RRA/DPMS black rifle stuff) but most of what I own is Remington. I like good light triggers and Remington's by far have the best selection there. I also learned to build rifles on Remington actions and never found a need to switch. About the only thing I don't have that's Remington is 22LR's (Anschutz and Ruger 10/22).

I could probably stick with the Savage 99s from here on out and be perfectly happy, as well as fill all my practical needs. (.22 hi-power, .243, .308, and .358).

Just one make of rifle?

LH Remington 700's are a favourite, but have to admit that the Sako's are also a great choice (just not as great a selection and in action lengths.
Remington has the rolling blocks for single shot rifles, pumps and semi-autos, but no lever actions...whereas Sako has the Finnwolf, but no single shots...
Winchester and Browning have great variety in bolt actions, single shots and lever actions in the calibers that I desire, so would likely be the winner(s) here, as both also offered LH bolt actions.
Ruger has LH bolt actions, single shots and semi-autos, but no pump actions. They also have limited selections in lever actions.

Just one maker of firearms would be even tougher...
Browning has great shotguns and the buckmark pistols to add to their list.
Ruger also has shotguns and pistols and revolvers that rounds them out very well

Glad I don't have to lives with just one maker!

Blkram":cufmsmcs said:
Just one make of rifle?

LH Remington 700's are a favourite, but have to admit that the Sako's are also a great choice (just not as great a selection and in action lengths.
Remington has the rolling blocks for single shot rifles, pumps and semi-autos, but no lever actions...whereas Sako has the Finnwolf, but no single shots...
Winchester and Browning have great variety in bolt actions, single shots and lever actions in the calibers that I desire, so would likely be the winner(s) here, as both also offered LH bolt actions.
Ruger has LH bolt actions, single shots and semi-autos, but no pump actions. They also have limited selections in lever actions.

Just one maker of firearms would be even tougher...
Browning has great shotguns and the buckmark pistols to add to their list.
Ruger also has shotguns and pistols and revolvers that rounds them out very well

Glad I don't have to lives with just one maker!
What he said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably a winchester 70 if I were starting today, that or the Weatherby Vanguards. If it were a choice of ANY manufacturer, my choice would be simple. Newton Rifle - one in each cartridge he designed.

P64 Model 70 for me please.. Easy day to choose...

I have a couple Remington's, a Sako, Marlin, and some stuff I am forgetting but those could all go away and I wouldn't ever miss a beat.

Back