New stock and second creedmoor

Thebear_78

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
I picked up a rifle in a local online classified. It was a Remington 700 in 6.5 creedmoor in a MPA BA chassis. I really wanted the chassis for my 22 creedmoor and figured the 6.5 creedmoor would make a better hunting cartridge and be a better fit for the McMillan gamescout. I just happened to have a 3-15 viper g2 sitting on the shelf so stuck it on there to test its potential.

Looking forward to getting out to the range tomorrow.

22 creedmoor’s new dress
ce2ba1e36c3796984262f527ac6e15d4.jpg

6.5 creedmoor
c3873f3bf9a669802bdc946c4bc4b7bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of handsome rifles. The Creedmoor certainly appears to be a well thought out cartridge that punches well above its weight class. Hard not to like the concept. I have not shot my 6.5 nearly as much as it deserves.

Very businesslike.

We're getting quite a collection of various Creedmoor rifles here on the Nosler Forum!

Guy

Guy Miner":3gt6sk0e said:
Very businesslike.

We're getting quite a collection of various Creedmoor rifles here on the Nosler Forum!

Guy

I didn’t wanna love mine as much as I do, but the Tikka T3X is a hard to reckon with platform. I liked the rifle so much I ordered a McMillan EDGE for mine just so I could like it a bit more. It really is a pretty utilitarian sorta cartridge that does a lot of general hunting things real well and shoots about like a 243.

Thebear_78":20nu7tg1 said:
I picked up a rifle in a local online classified. It was a Remington 700 in 6.5 creedmoor in a MPA BA chassis. I really wanted the chassis for my 22 creedmoor and figured the 6.5 creedmoor would make a better hunting cartridge and be a better fit for the McMillan gamescout. I just happened to have a 3-15 viper g2 sitting on the shelf so stuck it on there to test its potential.

Looking forward to getting out to the range tomorrow.

22 creedmoor’s new dress
ce2ba1e36c3796984262f527ac6e15d4.jpg

6.5 creedmoor
c3873f3bf9a669802bdc946c4bc4b7bb.jpg

Nice rifles I have the same vortex gen 2 scope on my 6.5 CM. How do you like it? Mine has been great so far.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SJB358":2a9b22sp said:
Guy Miner":2a9b22sp said:
Very businesslike.

Guy

I didn’t wanna love mine as much as I do, but the Tikka T3X is a hard to reckon with platform. I liked the rifle so much I ordered a McMillan EDGE for mine just so I could like it a bit more. It really is a pretty utilitarian sorta cartridge that does a lot of general hunting things real well and shoots about like a 243.

Ya, I've long been a fan of my little 6mm Remington. The velocity capability of the 243 Win & 6mm Rem is quite similar to the 6 Creedmoor. I had the two cartridges, 6mm Rem & 6 Creedmoor sitting on my loading bench yesterday, noting similarities and differences. Just a different way to skin the cat, with what seem to be some good improvements for competition.

For a hunting rifle, I don't think it would matter which of them was chosen; 243 Win, 6mm Rem, 6 Creedmoor. All about the same in the field I'd think.

At any rate, I need to select some dies for my 6 Creedmoor so I can start doing some handloading for it. FINALLY I get to buy some new cases & bullets. Been using my old standards for so long, I was even getting bored with 'em. :wink:

Guy

That’s saying something when you get bored!

Yeah, I haven’t collapsed for a 6 CM Yet with 2 9 twist 243’s in my safe. I typically just shoot the 90 AB, 95 BT or 105 Hornady HPBT. Those 3 work fine with the slower guns. We’re I rebarelling id be tempted by the 6mm CM with a 7 twist just cause I don’t believe extra RPMs hurt good Bullets and show better terminal performance.

Nice grab. You are really going to like that MPA. I have my 6.5 Creed. in one and another one on order for my 6mm Creed. When fully dressed they are a tad bit heavy for hunting.

I agree with you Scotty.
RPM’s and heavy bullets.
I’m going to re-barrel my .243 WSSM, to 1-7” Carbon Six barrel. Wanting to use the 115 grain Berger’s out of it. Long range coyotes.

Too Tall

Too Tall":3qv9ow5f said:
I agree with you Scotty.
RPM’s and heavy bullets.
I’m going to re-barrel my .243 WSSM, to 1-7” Carbon Six barrel. Wanting to use the 115 grain Berger’s out of it. Long range coyotes.

Too Tall

For sure, the little 6.5 CM with the 147 ELD's is a purely good working combo that seems to work for varmints through deer without drama for me. A solid 6X SS sits on top of mine, zeroed at 250 and always seems to be with me. I am think the new stock will top it off. I have a 22-250 that is set up identical so they both are always ready to go.

Interesting rigs!

Have been interested in these rifles, as they do look really cool, but for me, when I do handle them, something just seems "not quite right" to me...guess I am too imbedded in hunting and liking the look, feel and balance of the more common hunting rifle more. Really hard to beat the "carrying" feel of an old lever action! LOL
But that is just me...

Have fun with your new rigs!

I find the chassis style rifles awkward to carry in the field. I generally use a more conventional stock on my hunting rifles. There is nothing more comfortable as the chassis for target or steel though.

Back