What is your next dream rifle?

"CL, while my M77 RSI in 250 Savage did cost more than that, I am liking it a lot!
Sounds like you need a Ruger N0.1 RSI in 250 Savage...could scratch two itches with one rifle! (did they make one?)"

Some enabler from this board showed me a picture of a stainless single shot for sale in 250 but I don't recall if it was an RSI (full length stock). It would be unique.... :) CL

My wife found a Ruger No.1 Lipsey's Edition (stainless, 1 of 250 built) in 250 Savage at a gunshow a few yearsback and loves it! Her rifle likes the Remington 100 gr Corelokt ammo.
She fell in love with shooting the 250 Savage while shooting factory ammo in my 250AI.

I would like to own a double but it is not a burning desire nor am I presently looking. however my husband has decided he wants to hunt buffalo ( and other game ) with a 45/100 Sharps and is in the process of looking for one and also learning how to make cartridges for it. There are different rules for black powder weapons and even the purchasing of loose powder, etc. I tease him about giving him a nickname like "Tom Sellack"

The difference between men and boys are the price of their toys

Cheyenne,
Prophet River Firearms in Lloydminster has a new, unfired Shiloh/Sharps 45/90 Model 1874 Sporter #1 w/ 30" barrel and colour cased receiver/barrel on consignment right now. They did have another, either a 45/100 or 45/120, do not recall, as it is no longer listed.
At $7500 he would qualify for "High Priced Boy"!!! (If you don't name him "Yukon Quigley"! LOL)

Anyways, hope he finds one!

I would have to increase my trapping income, ten fold to afford that, but thank you, I will tell him and he can run it by grandfather. I think he is looking at some Italian company who makes them, Petersolli ( sp ? )or something like that. Grandfather has made these cartridges in the past and is happy he has shown an interest.

Love "Yukon Quigley" that works, thanks Gil

oh btw, since I have hunted these animals, I am anxious to see where he finds them for that 1000 yd shot LOL

The older I get the less I have a need for a Magnum Rifle.
Model 70 XTR action trued and all metal Cerkote in Burnt Bronze
Match barrel 26 inch standard sporter contour in .280 Rem
HS Precision Sporter Stock Tan Web
Leupold Dual Dovetail Mounts, Burris Signature Rings with 10 MOA insert
Leupold VX 3i 3.5x10 40mm CDS Scope, Parallax set for 200 yards in Leupold custom shop
Montana Sling

Or a future Lipsley special order could work.
Ruger 77 RSI in .223 Rem with Burris 1.75x5

In Realty I just need more hunting trips. I think when I retire my wife will be a Hunters widow as I am planning on a lot of trips from Varmints to Big Game. I guess I will need another pickup truck camper like a Lance 650

The latest i have on my mind is a 243 just have to decided on the configuration still. I am going to put a new B&C stock on my daughters LH 700, and maybe rebarrel..

gbflyer":3n3aow1z said:
Bruce Mc":3n3aow1z said:
I've taken a shine to the SAKO Classic, lets say a 6.5x55, or maybe a Safari in .375 H&H, heck either one.

Oh man....the 9.3X62 is calling my name...lefty of course.

Hey gb, I know where you can get a Hunter for less than 2k..lefty of course

A Rem 722 in .300 Sav or .257 Roberts with abused wood and good metal and bore.

Need a new project LOL. It would have to be cheap right now after my basement flooded a couple weeks ago.

hodgeman":1zub85ev said:
So many rifles...so little time, so little money.

I keep thinking I want another .375...but I keep getting other stuff!

pleeeeese, Mike is an engineer and an author. He has more money than Stephen King

Cheyenne, dont those critters sometimes graze or try to above the tree line ? He could find a 1000 yard shot I bet, or were you being sarcastic about shooting that far

I mentioned this before but was shot down, but am cranky enough today not to care. I hope to get a nice double for my granddaughter before they spread my ashes, but nothing for me thank you.

The Christensen Arms Mesa is starting to "whisper to me", ha. I'm having my new to me Mod 700 classic in .270 tweaked right now. I finally found an older Mod 700 BDL (a donor action) and it is on layaway ( gotta love layaway) to rebuild my 35 Whelen A.I. I will "most likely" stop at that and join Guy on the "Dream Hunt" tour! :)

I'm going to put in for a muzzleloader deer tag in UT this year and have most of the parts to build a custom .45 cal muzzleloader. I think I'm looking forward to building that one the most right now. I think the 300wsm build I have in the works to run my Ultra 9 suppressor would be a close second.

Model 7, 300 wsm, new stock, new trigger, 2.5-16 elite. Scopes here, stocks here, trigger on the way, rifle should be here shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooh- I forgot something... A black powder 45-70 sounds like fun. One of those Handi rifles - buffalo classics I think they call them. That would be fun to borrow for an afternoon. CL

A Winchester model 70 featherweight in 6.5x55, A Winchester model 71 in .348 and a Winchester model 64 in 30/30. If you want to dream, dream big.

Slimfinn":1gx3tpl2 said:
gbflyer":1gx3tpl2 said:
Bruce Mc":1gx3tpl2 said:
I've taken a shine to the SAKO Classic, lets say a 6.5x55, or maybe a Safari in .375 H&H, heck either one.

Oh man....the 9.3X62 is calling my name...lefty of course.

Hey gb, I know where you can get a Hunter for less than 2k..lefty of course

[emoji15]. You’re evil too. [emoji6]hahahahaha!

preacher said:
The Christensen Arms Mesa is starting to "whisper to me", ha. I'm having my new to me Mod 700 classic in .270 tweaked right now. I finally found an older Mod 700 BDL (a donor action) and it is on layaway ( gotta love layaway) to rebuild my 35 Whelen A.I.

Hold it! Last night I found another really nice Mod 700 Classic, but in .338WM. I've wanted one since 1987! This one too is available "on layaway", ha, so snagged it. My LGS said they would return my deposit on the donor rifle even! ( I've done business with them almost 29yrs) I'll put the Whelen project off awhile longer. This Classic and my .270 will give me a "matched pair". ha Living the dream!!!

Not much you cannot do with a 270 Win and 338 Win Mag!
Sounds like a nice set of Classics,
May you have many fine adventures with them!

Back