TUZLG6l.jpg

Dqubbqq.jpg

93E58Kd.jpg

o5LuF7O.jpg

NulbglK.jpg

l8DHNJZ.jpg

7RVJEhW.jpg

lPWOiT1.jpg

I have Redding dies on order (should be here tomorrow) and 100 bullets 400 grain soft points from Woodleigh. The Woodleigh should be in Friday or early next week.

Going to try IMR 4451 in it first as I want to take to Texas and kill some hogs with it.

That'll be a thumper. It is a most handsomely finished rifle. Congratulations on the acquisition.

Shucks,the Woodleigh bullets came in today.
y14nlKQ.jpg

That is 9mm Luger next to the Woodleigh.
6hxq3en.jpg

IoWIAZv.jpg

Now,I'm jus waiting on the dies.

Great looking rifle! Looks well built! Can’t wait to hear what you think of it.

It balances well in between the hands. I do not have a scale,but just guessing is that it weighs 8 lbs. It is "lively" when shooting the RWS factory ammo that came with it. The info on the inside of the box says it is a 400 grain bullet at 2315 fps. I am going to load it to duplicate the original specs,a 400 grain bullet at 2125-2175 fps.

The load I have settled on turned out to thump my middle finger when shooting (the trigger guard is hitting the middle finger on my right hand.)

So, tried 73.0 & 74.0 grains of Var-Get and 78.0 grains of IMR 4451 with the 400 grain Woodleigh.

This is the 74.0 grain Var-Get load at 50 yards with iron sights.
O1GCUK8.jpg

78.0 grains of IMR 4451,also at 50 yards.
apDN7Gh.jpg

Going to shoot both again this weekend at 100 yards to see how they group and where they hit.

Back