I'll raise ya a .25, lets see what you got...

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
They have been coming up alot here lately, so lets show off the 25cals everyone has

Here are my 2
Top: Tikka 695 continental 25-06
Bottom: Browning BBR 257 Roberts

Attachments

• 20201024_082308.jpg
    20201024_082308.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 762
What's the twist rate?
Most 25's are limited with bullet weight.
Yeah, still gets the job done.
Good looking rifles! I only have a 6,5...

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Thanks!
I know the Tikka is a 1-10, and i believe the Browning is also.
Nothing wrong with the 26cal either

No bashing intended.
With the right bullet, most calibers will get the job done on reasonable distances

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Really nice looking rifles. I have a pile of 30’s and 22’s. If I added one it would be between 25 and 7mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking rifles. Used the 25-06 alot several years ago. Nothing wrong with a 25 for sure. Dan.

My quarter bores. Remington 700 CDL and Weatherby Vanguard S2. Could not be happier with with either of them. Lots and lots of loads shot right under an inch and it did not take long with either rifle to get them shooting 1/2 inch.

Attachments

• IMG_1088.jpg
    IMG_1088.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_4420.jpg
    IMG_4420.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 698
My one and only so far, but would like to add a 25-06 when I run across the right one.

Savage M1920 made in 1920, in 250 Savage. Before that cartridge designation was assigned to it so stamped on the barrel 250-3000.

25-06 Rem 700 CDL, pillar bedded, free floated, 6x Leupold. Usual handload is the 115 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip at 3150 fps via Retumbo. I've also hunted with the 115 gr Berger VLD and the 100 gr Barnes TSX. The rifle has been very successful on mule deer, antelope and coyotes.

KaCBvzqh.jpg

ppP1yelh.jpg

lsF7l3fh.jpg

420 yard coyote:
Soxkp9Jh.jpg

udxbhYdh.jpg

All the same rifle in the photos, just an awful lot of success afield with it over the years. :grin:

Usually I handload for it with my Hart arbor press and neck-size with the Wilson dies. She's proven real accurate and reliable. Love the combo of mild recoil, flat trajectory, good accuracy and lethal results. The near-matching 30-06 handles most of my bigger game hunts like elk and bear.

Regards, Guy

Don't have a 25 cal rifle and have actually never owned one at all but I could see a 25-06 in the right platform in my future. Always liked that round. Would consider a 257 Wby but would rather have a 270 Wby instead, nothing wrong at all with the 257 version though.

Also have an old 257 Wby, built by Weatherby on a Mauser action in the late 1940's or early 1950's for my grandfather. It's a pretty good old rifle, but past it's prime. I've updated it some, but it likely needs a new barrel and a good bedding job. We don't use it much:

sPOm3n4h.jpg

Guy

Slim- Those are some pretty rifles. Obviously Guy does pretty well with his "Blue Cyclones". Below is a photo of "Aggie" (short for aggravation...) but she has her moments.
screen shot capture
See also my Avatar at left. 250-3000 Savage CL

I have a Ruger Model 77 RSI Lipsey's Edition 250 Savage and a LH Remington 700 CDL rebarrelled to 250 AI.
Wife has a Ruger No. 1 Lipsey's Edition 250 Savage and a Ruger No.1 RSI Lipsey's Edition 257 Roberts.
(For those who do not know, the Lipsey's Editions are wood and stainless and are made for one year only in batches of 250 rifles or less)

I don't have a picture of it on file but mine is a 725 Remington that started out in life as a 30-06.
I want a 257 Roberts for hunting ground hogs and had shot the barrel out of the 30-06 so it was selected to be my first custom rifle. Picked up a Douglas premium XX air gauge barrel on the cheap because know one anted a 1-12 twist which was perfect for light varmint bullets.
Had it cut to 26" and fitted to the 725 and bedded back into the factory stock.
It's the most accurate rifle I own and used it to take white tail deer with using 115 gran Hornady round nose bullets since they were short enough to stabilize in the 1-12 twist.
One memorable shot taken on deer with it was a 6 point that I watched elude a hunter who was running and shooting at it. The deer circled around behind the hunter and thought he had got away till it made the mistake of coming back into my view.
He walked threw a thicket and stopped behind a huge poplar tree with only his hind quarter showing. I scoped him trying to decide whether to shoot him in the spine and then finish him off with a close up shot when I saw his head and he was looking right at me. The shot was a good 200 yds across a bottom and the only rest I had was a tree to lean against and was scared I would spoke him if I tried to get into a better shooting position.
I had a straight 10X scope on the rifle and knew what I could do with it since I was use to taking long shots with it at ground hogs that I couldn't get close to.
So I placed the cross hairs on his nose with the rifle rested on my thumb leaning on the tree and squeezed off the shot. I saw him disappear in the scope and knew he was down.
When I got to him the hunter that was chasing him walked up as I was field dressing it and asked if he had hit it. There was a bullet hole high on the ribs that had punched straight threw with no damage and I showed it to him he said he knew he had hit it and started to get a little up set till I showed him the hole in the deer's nose telling him it was still alive and acting unhurt when I took the shot.
He said that was a heck of a shot and wanted to know what I was shooting I told him and also told him that if he was going to continue to hunt to learn how to shoot and stop chasing and shooting at running game before he killed someone or shot his self.
I had a buddy with me and he came when he heard the shot and wanted to see what I had got.
He couldn't get over that I had shot it through the nose from where I was standing.
The next week at work there was a lot of fun at lunch time since I found several red Christmas light bulbs in my lunch box with notes to replace Rudolf's nose since I had shot it off.

Back