Bergara rifle

seokladuckin

Beginner
Mar 21, 2021
Have a chance to buy a complete 6.5 prc , chassis stock, Vortex, all load data,
Trust the guys word , he just one that keeps a rifle a while then goes to the next best thing .

2 K

What say ye?
43472293e48657d41814a2d2ad49a4a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I have a Bergara PRC although not in a chassis. Shoots VERY well. I have/have had other Bergaras in various calibers and none were problem children.

Depending on which Vortex model it is, it's probly a decent deal.

Ron

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Bergera makes good barrels. Vortex diamond back is a scope that punches over its weight class.
6.5 is a great bullet… you might want to follow that guy around….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":2temnj8u said:
Bergera makes good barrels. Vortex diamond back is a scope that punches over its weight class.
6.5 is a great bullet… you might want to follow that guy around….

I have a 6.5 x 284 ,
Been working up load with it.

That’s about a 1000 new rifle. If the scope is a FFP diamond tactical, that’s another 400 plus rail and mounts.

At 2k, I’d pass.

Easy pass at 1/2 the price. Heck, I’d rather have the bucket of bubblegum on the shelf, than any part of that entire set-up.

For $2k.... a guy could get himself a CTR, a scope that actually works, a couple nice fishing rods, take his girl out on the town, and still have money leftover.

Songdog":3mwa8az8 said:
Easy pass at 1/2 the price. Heck, I’d rather have the bucket of bubblegum on the shelf, than any part of that entire set-up.

For $2k.... a guy could get himself a CTR, a scope that actually works, a couple nice fishing rods, take his girl out on the town, and still have money leftover.
Yep my thoughts as well .

I bought a 6.5 x 284 last fall , Douglas barrel, Greyboe stock, Steiner scope, 200 Lapua cases 2 box bullets, dies . For 1000 .

I passed on prc as well

As a friend puts it, some guys seem to want all their money back from buying the rifle, rings, bases and scope PLUS the taxes, their gas money to/from the LGS, gun range and all the ammo they shot through the rifle while sighting it in and doing load development!

When working in the industry, the norm was 60-75% of retail for used rifles and scopes depending on condition.
Today, with the hoarding, and whatnot, there has been a trend in people wanting more for their used items than what you can spend for new, and unfortunately there are those that are not educated in this past time that have been willing to pay the prices.
Collector pieces, scarce and rare models are one thing, but many people claim that their firearms are "rare" or "scarce", when they in fact are not.
A common example I have been seeing of late are people claiming that their latter editions (post-64 w/ basket weave checkering) of Winchester Model 88's in 308 Win are "rare"...on a rifle that saw win excess of 100,000 ??? (as there were approx. 283,000 made in rifle and carbine, in 4 calibers, w/ 1 in 10 being carbines) in production???"

Back