6.5 c.m. Ruger chepo

seokladuckin

Beginner
Mar 21, 2021
Can't find Noslers so I tried 99 grain Hammer Hunters on top of Varget and primed by CCI bench rest primers all set in Lapua brass.

Rifle has a cheap Athlon 4 to 12 and I changed trigger to Timney .

Still haven't bought a chronograph.

All I can say is wow..
7b44bd9e054914d5462a6125a9e4dd4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The accuracy is certainly there. Congratulations on finding a shooter!

Very nice.
I think we have a period where we are making the most accurate rifles at the least cost.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vince":xumg5a0s said:
Very nice.
I think we have a period where we are making the most accurate rifles at the least cost.

Vince

Yes, many of the "bargain" priced rifles like the Ruger American are also very accurate. :)

This may well be a good thing. (y)

Nice shooting.

Guy

Vince":1mtnz7py said:
Very nice.

Vince

A guy I know won it in a raffle, I didn't need another rifle , he asked how much I had in my pocket, I said 300 bucks .. rifle was new in box .

I hate the magazine in it
The factory trigger sucked so aftermarket fixed that .

I may try those hammers on some pigs .

I also have a Marlin xl7 in 7-08 , cheapo, that shoots lights out good , my son talked me out of it .

All I can say about the Athlon cheapo TRY ONE I'm still amazed of the things

Good shooting. That'll work!

Some of those cheap scopes are indeed plenty clear and reliable scopes. I have a few that I really can't fault. The only thing I have against them is taking the risk of weeding through the brands and types that are junk, as there is some.

Very nice. With that kind of accuracy, the speed doesn't really matter.

JD338

I’ve been very impressed with the hammer hunter bullets. Quickly becoming a favorite due to accuracy abt performance.

I got my son a ruger American in 308 that’s a shooter too. I see MDT is making a chassis that is AICS compatible.

JD338":2akrlypm said:
Very nice. With that kind of accuracy, the speed doesn't really matter.

JD338
Nope .

Miss piggy or Mrs doe don't know that it's 75 fps either way

Thebear_78":26bvqfl3 said:
I’ve been very impressed with the hammer hunter bullets. Quickly becoming a favorite due to accuracy abt performance.

I got my son a ruger American in 308 that’s a shooter too. I see MDT is making a chassis that is AICS compatible.

Shot any game with them yet?

Shot a couple caribou with the 124 HH out of my 6.5 PRC. 1.25-1.5” exit, soup in between. Punched one top of shoulder on hard downhill angle, broke shoulder and spine. 1.5” exit and no bullet fragments

I’ve had two ruger predators in 6.5 CM, and they outshot a lot of rifles I paid a good bit more money for lol. I had the one with the original rotary mag, then one of the early runs that came with the AI mag. Both shot great for me, but I ended up swapping over to the howa’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am going to try out the 70gr HH in my .243! It shoots the Nosler factory 70 Varmeggedon into bug holes, so it seemed like a good trial. I think I am going to try Varget first....

preacher":3rvnvpr2 said:
I am going to try out the 70gr HH in my .243! It shoots the Nosler factory 70 Varmeggedon into bug holes, so it seemed like a good trial. I think I am going to try Varget first....
Varget is a great 1st choice

ShadeTree":2p9irxrl said:
Good shooting. That'll work!

Some of those cheap scopes are indeed plenty clear and reliable scopes. I have a few that I really can't fault. The only thing I have against them is taking the risk of weeding through the brands and types that are junk, as there is some.
My good rifles have good optics .

But I always keep a "truck gun" for dragging around in truck, Ranger , boat. No need to beat a costly rifle up.

But these Athlon scopes and binoculars just keep amazing me , track correctly, punch way above their weight class .

Everything this cheap little rifle is fired at DIES , deer , hogs, varmints,
It's just flat ass fun little rifle.

Back