M70 Supergrade

ShadeTree":3egqlfkr said:
ShadeTree":3egqlfkr said:
Good looking rifle Scotty. They sure are nice. How do you like the new hybrid style CRF/Push feed action? I worked a used one on a shelf and was quite impressed with the smoothness on that particular rifle anyways.

I’m not sure what you mean by CRF/push feed. It seems to function just like my P64’s. The round slides up under the extractor as it comes out of the magazine and sticks with it till it gets dumped after extraction.

Okay, I guess I've not kept up with what they're doing. I know for a time they used what they called a hybrid. Winchester actually called it a controlled round push feed. But that was probably at one of their older plants before they relocated.

Either way Winchester always seems to produce quality in my opinion, and that one appears to be no exception.
Don't want to get off topic for Scotty's post but yes the New Haven Winchester plant made what they called a CRPF bolt. I have one that was originally chambered for 30-06 and I used it as a donor for my 35 Whelen Ackely Imp. It's a really neat system that eliminated the big claw extractor.

Looks like it has a factory defect.
The bolt handle’s on the wrong side. Hope you can get your money back for such an obvious defect.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a beautiful rifle man! Is that one of the Portugal made model 70’s! My safari in 416 rem is from the Portugal plant, and it’s been solid shooter since day one. Really like that PRC too, can’t wait to see what you finish up with at the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry for the late reply, I don't get notifications anymore from the forum.

I did take a buck with the rifle with the 129's. I did a quick zero check at 250 yards before hunting season and hunted it. Worked great.

Yup, it is a Portugal assembled rifle, trigger spring was replaced with an Ernies Spring to get it to 2 1/2lbs. I will have more time with the rifle this winter and work out a solid load for the gun. I am hoping to grab some of the 150 ABLR's or some Hammers soon to give it a good workout.

I love the rifle though. As a certified P64 nut, there isn't anything other than the trigger to complain about on the new Winchesters and even then, for 7 bucks the spring is easy to replace and make the trigger very serviceable.

Back