Sauer 100 Black in 9.3x62 Mauser

That sent me to the internet to get some info on this cartridge. It definitely looks like this would thump something very well with the amount of lead it sends down range.
Where the heck did you find brass and ammo for this one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DrMike":38ummn4v said:
HAWKEYESATX":38ummn4v said:
noslerpartition":38ummn4v said:
If I had to choose just one cartridge for the rest of my life, it would probably be a 8x68.
Never owned one, but loaded for two and shot them.
Hard to find one for lefties. Maybe one day I will have one built for me...

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk
I’ve heard that’s a really good round too!

Hawk

An excellent cartridge. It is a ballistic twin to the 325 WSM, so you could get the same thing in an American round.
Took them more than 60 years to catch up ;-)

Alderman":13uowhdh said:
That sent me to the internet to get some info on this cartridge. It definitely looks like this would thump something very well with the amount of lead it sends down range.

All of the reloading sources carry bullets, and brass.
I’m tempted to find some PPU just to have to shoot.
Speer makes inexpensive hot cor bullets.

Hawk

noslerpartition":244anv0s said:
DrMike":244anv0s said:
HAWKEYESATX":244anv0s said:
noslerpartition":244anv0s said:
If I had to choose just one cartridge for the rest of my life, it would probably be a 8x68.
Never owned one, but loaded for two and shot them.
Hard to find one for lefties. Maybe one day I will have one built for me...

I’ve heard that’s a really good round too!

Hawk

An excellent cartridge. It is a ballistic twin to the 325 WSM, so you could get the same thing in an American round.
Took them more than 60 years to catch up ;-)

More than just 60 years.

But I’m glad it’s offered here now.

Hawk

HAWKEYESATX":17yjmsm5 said:
Alderman":17yjmsm5 said:

Hawk
That PPU brass is some good stuff too. I still have my original bag of it that has been loaded probably a dozen times in my 98 mauser. And I’m talking hot heavy loads too. I find it better than Remington, Hornady, federal. Also use Norma brass in my sauer. And I use the PPU 285 grain soft point alot. I believe this bullet is truly designed for the 2250-2350 FPS range. I run it at 2500 FPS and it is very destructive at those speeds, but still never came close to catching one in a whitetail. And it’s been a very accurate bullet for me, second only to the Norma ecostrike. For some reason I never got the 250 AccuBond where I wanted it with RL15. If I ever get my hands on some varget I will be back working on that AccuBond. The AccuBond at 2600-2650 FPS is probably the most versatile bullet in this cartridge for anything in North America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cleveland48":2pnmtss8 said:
HAWKEYESATX":2pnmtss8 said:
Alderman":2pnmtss8 said:

Hawk
That PPU brass is some good stuff too. I still have my original bag of it that has been loaded probably a dozen times in my 98 mauser. And I’m talking hot heavy loads too. I find it better than Remington, Hornady, federal. Also use Norma brass in my sauer. And I use the PPU 285 grain soft point alot. I believe this bullet is truly designed for the 2250-2350 FPS range. I run it at 2500 FPS and it is very destructive at those speeds, but still never came close to catching one in a whitetail. And it’s been a very accurate bullet for me, second only to the Norma ecostrike. For some reason I never got the 250 AccuBond where I wanted it with RL15. If I ever get my hands on some varget I will be back working on that AccuBond. The AccuBond at 2600-2650 FPS is probably the most versatile bullet in this cartridge for anything in North America.

I have the feeling that you’re very right about all of that.

Hawk

After I used them both, seen them used, I feel the 9.3x62 was far less work than the 35 Whelen Ackley. I did have trouble in a couple rifles with the headspace on some factory loads. IF I got another 9.3 I too would have to try one of these Sauers. I also would not handload or hunt with any round that had not been once fired, at lease. There isn't much shoulder there and even the American made Barnes Vortex FTF about 20% of their 286 TSX. The Lapua Mega worked in everything ( a custom Mod 70 fwt, A Ruger 77 African and a CZ 550 FS) I bought the CZ for my Son In Law of German lineage. This was upon his Return from 2nd Tour de Iraq, ha. For awhile there, you could find 9.3x62s in alot of places, not anymore! The Sauer is the best deal now. Hows the trigger on them, easily adjusted?

Cleveland48":3ms5ppy3 said:
I have the 100XT in 9.3x62. Great trigger and excellent accuracy. It’s light so the modern loads get a little snappy sometime, but it sure shoots great. This is the factory Norma eco strike. Lemme dig through my folder and find some 285 gr targets
3cc6944c42b11b77768ba4eecf1921ba.jpeg

That's damn good

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

seokladuckin":3upnidtu said:
Cleveland48":3upnidtu said:
I have the 100XT in 9.3x62. Great trigger and excellent accuracy. It’s light so the modern loads get a little snappy sometime, but it sure shoots great. This is the factory Norma eco strike. Lemme dig through my folder and find some 285 gr targets

That's damn good

I’ll be honest if I could find those ecostrike I probably would not even mess with handloading this rifle lol. I have not found any in two years I believe though.

Cleveland48":v277lwhx said:
seokladuckin":v277lwhx said:
Cleveland48":v277lwhx said:

That's damn good

I’ll be honest if I could find those ecostrike I probably would not even mess with handloading this rifle lol. I have not found any in two years I believe though.

Try the 258 grain shock hammers in it

seokladuckin":3j044jin said:
Cleveland48":3j044jin said:
seokladuckin":3j044jin said:
Cleveland48":3j044jin said:

That's damn good

Try the 258 grain shock hammers in it

I have definitely thought about it a lot. Been seeing a lot of people on here recently talking about the hammer bullets. Seems like you can actually get them too lol. Once our deer season is over, I’ll prolly try some. I really only need the 230-250 weight range in my 9.3x62, since I only have whitetail to hunt.

I have just purchased a Sauer 100 classic in 9.3x62. Am going to mount a 2x6 by 24 scope. I hope I get the kind of accuracy that is shown above. I have some 283 grain Rifleline ammo. If I do achieve that I will be very happy. I wish the stock were Walnut of some kind but it came with a Birtch one. I talked with several stock makers but they don't seem to know anything about the mounting system: IE the beding system used. So I plan to stain it. I have not shot it yet but have the reloading equipment for it. I think I will load the Eco Strike 230g and the 270g bullets. Can anyone tell me what to look out for. EX: muzzle vel, or anything else. Thanks TK

Haven't had the pleasure of shooting a Sauer as yet...and missed out on a very pretty LH Model 202 that I should have been quicker to say I will take it...just wasn't thrilled about the 243 chambering...

Nice to see that yours shoots so well!

My 9.3x62 is a LH Sako 85 Hunter with very pretty wood. It shoots the Nosler factory 250 gr AccuBond ammo into 1/2" groups, and performed very well on a young bull moose at 178 yards. Looking forward to hunting more game with it!
It has a Kahles 1.5-6x42 mounted on it. very happy with the scope too!

Just picked up some of the new Hornady International 250 gr ECX ammunition. Hope it shoots as well as the Nosler ammo. Looking forward to seeing its performance on game.

Back