Some muzzle brakes I made up

IdahoCTD

Handloader
Nov 4, 2004
I made up some brakes last week. This is the same design as my buddy Ross Schuler sells but with 4 ports instead of 3. The ported brakes are the most effective design but are also the loudest. Good thing I have ear plugs everywhere I go with a rifle.

Attachments

• Muzzle Brake pics 002 small.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 17,364
  • Muzzle Brake pics 003 small.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 17,364
  • Muzzle Brake pics 004 small.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 17,364
  • Muzzle Brake pics 005 small.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 17,365
Even though I hate brakes with a burning, all consuming passion, that is some seriously nice work, both with the mill, and the camera.

Nice work there!

What part of Idaho? I lived just outside Blackfoot for a while and Caldwell for a very brief time. Wish I could have made a living up there!

I live in Boise. I will sell them if it's OK with the moderators.

I only have the 1" and 1.25" done right now but I'm going to do .875" too. I'm waiting on .875" material. The .875 and 1" are tapped 9/16x24 and the 1.25" are 3/4x24. I might do some 1/2x28 in the .875" too for AR's and such. The threads are recessed for barrels threaded without a relief cut as well like the AAC Remingtons. I'll probably do a 5 port in the near future for the heavy boomers too. The .875 and 1" brakes are 45.00 shipped and the 1.25" are 50.00 shipped.

Fotis and JD338,

If this isn't OK let me know. I just wanted to show them mostly as I'm going to advertise them on a few site like LRH and I thought it was a pretty cool design. I changed a few things over my friends design.

IdahoCTD":1bekosu3 said:

I only have the 1" and 1.25" done right now but I'm going to do .875" too. I'm waiting on .875" material. The .875 and 1" are tapped 9/16x24 and the 1.25" are 3/4x24. I might do some 1/2x28 in the .875" too for AR's and such. The threads are recessed for barrels threaded without a relief cut as well like the AAC Remingtons. I'll probably do a 5 port in the near future for the heavy boomers too. The .875 and 1" brakes are 45.00 shipped and the 1.25" are 50.00 shipped.

Nice work and good prices- they should sell well for ya- can you make up a tread protector cap to screw on in place of the brake when one does not want it on - like while hunting . Cheers RJ :)

Fotis and JD338,

If this isn't OK let me know. I just wanted to show them mostly as I'm going to advertise them on a few site like LRH and I thought it was a pretty cool design. I changed a few things over my friends design.

RJ,

I could probably do a thread protector too. The hardest part about a thread protector is it's hard to make universal for all the different barrel diameters. It almost need to be made when the brake is installed or at least turned down and fitted at that time. The point of impact usually changes with and without a brake though. Some people don't know that.

Nathan

IdahoCTD":38gro9fq said:
RJ,

I could probably do a thread protector too. The hardest part about a thread protector is it's hard to make universal for all the different barrel diameters. It almost need to be made when the brake is installed or at least turned down and fitted at that time. The point of impact usually changes with and without a brake though. Some people don't know that.

Nathan

I have never had a brake on any rifle - so i did not know that POI will change w/wo the brake installed . Is there a lot of change or very minimal or does it vary with cal-cartridge etc etc ?
Cheers RJ :)

IdahoCTD":9216r7jk said:

Fotis and JD338,

No worries buddy.
Those brakes look good!

JD338

You change the harmonics of the barrel and it throws off the point of impact.

IdahoCTD":38tfcyqj said:
Fotis and JD338,

Go 4 it.

Here you go Jake.

This is a 1" brake on a .830" diameter Remington Varmint/Sendero contour barrel and the 5 port brakes that just got done.

Attachments

• 5portbrakes.jpeg
    5portbrakes.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 15,475
  • Muzzlebrake on sendero 005.jpg
    Muzzlebrake on sendero 005.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15,406
  • Muzzlebrake on sendero 004.jpg
    Muzzlebrake on sendero 004.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15,406
IdahoCTD":zvxc99a9 said:
Here you go Jake.

This is a 1" brake on a .830" diameter Remington Varmint/Sendero contour barrel and the 5 port brakes that just got done.

I bet its freaking noisy when you touch one off ! :!:
RJ :)

Back