I haven't seen my rifle for 2 yrs.

Buddy

Beginner
Jun 21, 2006
I don't know if this is appropriate for this forum, but, here it is.
A couple of years ago(spring 2004), the extractor on my Rem 700 SLS 300 ultra mag broke. I sent it the bolt to a gunsmith to get it fixed. When he finished he asked for the barreled action so he could test the extractor, which I sent promptly. He then told Remington about it and they said they wanted to look at it. That was in fall of 2004. Remington said that they would fix it. Ever since Dec. 2004 I called the gunsmith about my rifle, he replies that every time he asks Rem. about it, the person at the front desk says they are working on it. Same answer until he calls the gunsmiths in the Dec. '04. They looked and looked for it until the find it and they say it hasn't been worked on (you'd think a co. as big as Rem. would have better comm.) Any way it's still being "fixed".

I think it's past time to communicate directly with Remington. Make sure you use your serial number. Also let them know who sent the rifle in, might be under your gunsmith's name.

Turnaround shouldn't be anything like you're describing.

Best of luck. Guy

Something sounds fishy to me. I sent in a Custom KS that wouldn't shoot and Pop has sent in a couple as well. While we were never satisfied with the work done, they replaced my barrel with a bigger contour barrel and didn't open up the stock channel so the bigger barrel just rested on the top of the stock, they usually got the rifle back to us in a no more than 4 - 5 months. I'd personally check with Remington and make sure they have your gun.

Brad

How would I go about contacting Remington? Phone? Email? I don't know the PH # or email address. Thank you.

According to the website, your gun should have been shipped to the following gunsmith for repairs since you live in Alaska:

Wild West Guns

Address: 7521 Old Seward Hwy.

City/State/Zip: Anchorage AK, 99518

Phone: 800-992-4570

Fax: 907-344-4005

Email: wwguns@alaska.net

The remington website has a place to track your order by serial number. The following is Remington's address and phone number;

Remington Arms Co., Inc.
Attn: Arms Service Division
14 Hoefler Avenue
Ilion, NY 13357
(315) 895-3200

Again, something sounds fishy, good luck.

Brad

I'll call the gunsmith and ask him where he sent it to, he only says Remington when I ask him about my rifle. You said that Remington tracks orders at their
website, this would work for guns being repaired too? Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Buddy,
Your story nearly mirrors my experience with Remington. I had a rifle out of their custom shop that had some very serious issues. The first time I sent it back, it took 18 months before they got it back to me. I had it for a few days, then had to send it back. This time they held it 2 years before I got it back. Third time, I had to call and demand the rifle back after 2 years, if in pieces and parts if that its condition. I bought the rifle to hunt with and 6 years later I had only been able to fire 5 rounds through and it had no time in the field.

Was the last time I bought anything with Remington written on it.

Back in 1987 I had a M700 30-06 rebarreled by Remington. It took a few months for Remington to "find" it. Once they did, they rebarreled it and sent it back. My gunsmith kept constant pressure on them and they got it back in time to sight it in and hunt.

If your gunsmith wont help, get a copy of the paperwork he sent with your rifle and start with Customer Service and escalate until you get results.
Let us know how things work out for you.

JD338

Just talked with my gunsmith and he told me Remington is sending my rifle

back to him. This being after I wrote to a couple of gun magazine editors,

stating my dilemma with Remington.

One of them, Dave Scovill, editor for Wolfe Publishing Co. (a complete

surprise) contacted a person with Remington who said she would tear the

walls down in order to find my rifle. We were in the process of looking for

it when I got word from my gunsmith, who by the way said if it doesn't get

to him, he will personally get me a new rifle, at no charge. I hope I will

finally get to see and use my rifle.

Anybody know which other gun manufacturer(s) have better service than

Remington? As I don't think Iwant any more Remington rifles.

Buddy,

Glad to hear that Remington is sending back your rifle. Yoou should put some pressure on Remington to compensate you for your 2 yr loss.
Ask them for a case of 300 RUM ammo!

JD338

JD338, that's a great idea, the thought didn't even cross my mind. Too worried about my rifle I guess. I'm going to email Remington right after this. Thanks :grin: .

Well honkeetonkin, I doubt that will happen, but, if it ever does you,JD338,7mmfan and DPhillips can flip, fight, race for the tickets.
:wink:
I have no inclination of ever going to the Dark Continent. I hunt all the big game I'll ever want to hunt here in Alaska. :grin:

Buddy,

If I could hunt Moose with you, I'll bring you 2 cases of 300RUM ammo. :grin:

JD338

JD338, I think you should take honkeetonkin's advice. The type of big game I'm talking about is not the type of big game you think I'm talking about. :) But if I could I would. :)

Buddy":39m4f1yx said:
Well honkeetonkin, I doubt that will happen, but, if it ever does you,JD338,7mmfan and DPhillips can flip, fight, race for the tickets.
:wink:
I have no inclination of ever going to the Dark Continent. I hunt all the big game I'll ever want to hunt here in Alaska. :grin:
Buddy,
I used to think the same way, but I went to Zimbabwe last year and had a fantastic "real" hunt. Africa now burns in my blood.

I can't say I enjoy it as much as sheep hunting, it's different. I see people compare Alaska to Africa all the time, either pro or con. To me, its apples and oranges. They are just two completely different hunts and experiences.

I won't miss hunting here in Alaska, but I'm going back to Africa ASAP, too.
332084.JPG

332086.JPG

332083.JPG

334744.JPG

332087.JPG

334741.JPG

Those are nice pictures of your trophies, thanks for sharing them. What did your safari cost you from Anchorage? Happy 4th of July! :grin:

I just received an interesting email from a Remington Consumer Service Team Leader. Either Remington doesn't want to take the blame or my gunsmith has been lying to me.

Dear Mr. Ungwiluk,
Thank you for your patience while we researched your Model 700 rifle that was sent to us for repair.
According to our records, we just received the rifle matching the serial number you provided. It was received at our factory in Ilion, NY on 7/6/06. We will get this repaired as quickly as possible and have it set up on one day air shipping back to your dealer.

Either way this definitely sucks big time, if you know what I mean.

Back