my refinished 350 Rem. Mag. 700 classic

Apr 14, 2006
Before
350mag.jpg

glass bedding, I had to build off of what the previous owmed did.
scan0007.jpg

After
scan0003.jpg

Shot it last nite just got it on paper at 50 yards, using 200gr Cor-lokt's I have some 250gr hot cor speers that the previous owner loaded plus another box of 50 of them that I have to load. Accurcey testing will be done later. Previous owner said it was a one hole gun.
here are to pics of the 200gr factory loaded cor-lokts I recovered lastnite
scan0007-1.jpg

scan0006.jpg

I hunt deer with a fellow who uses one of the original old .350 Rem mags from back in the 1960's or 1970's. When his family bought the rifle, they bought a case of 200 grain ammo too. Still shooting from that original case of ammo... It kicks like a mule and knocks mulies down and dead, year after year. All it's ever been shot at are mulies, coyotes, the occasional varmint and a few targets, just to check the sights time to time. It's been passed around the same ranch family for 30+ years now and still looks pretty darned good. They've never even bothered to scope it.

I think you're going to like how that rascal works on game, and yours is one great looking rifle! Most of the "classics" that I've seen haven't had the greatest wood. I think you scored a keeper!

Congrats, Guy

Those Classics are nice rifles. I have 3 including a 35 Whelen.
The wood on yours is beautiful. I know she will shoot as well as she looks.
Congratulations.

JD338

What would the recoil (pounds) be out of a rifle like that? I like all calibers but there are some I would maybe see someone else shoot :lol:

Long

Long,

Recoil is between a 30-06 and 300 Win Mag w/ 180 gr loads.
My 700 Classic in 35 Whelen shootiing 225 gr PT's has a recoil of around 24 ft lbs. The 350 Rem Mag would be similar.
The 35 cals are real hammers on deer and bear! Any blood trail you have to follow will be short and heavy. :wink:

JD338

Mine kicks a fair bit with the 225 grainers at about 2600fps. It is a scopeless 18.5 inch barelled 7 pound carbine. I think that it probably hits with about 30 ft. pounds of energy with that load. That is less than the 325 WSM and the 338 magnums. I'm thrilled with mine.

I added a limbsaver pad and now its like an '06 not real bad. With the 250gr speer no scope and the crappy factory pad it weighted in at 6lb 13oz and was pretty brutal. I need to get my reloads done and check it for accucary. The previous owner said one hole gun, well see.

One of my coworker had 17 rifles and hand guns stolen from him in 2004, yes they were locked up. This rifle and two other were retuned to him in feb 06 He was not pleased wiht the condition of the rifle so he offered it to me for 320 WITH all the dies cased and bullets he had, could not turn it down.
This rifle will take the place of my 700 ADL in 06( another one hole gun) Wich will go to my wife to use, she love the 06. Here in Nrthwestern Oregon shots are short, (my longest shot ws 170 yards) This rifle should be great, light to pack and not lackingin the energy department.

Thanks guy fot the comments I put alot of time into this stock.
Jon

Hello!

Have one .350 RM. Originally a 673 guide gun in .300 RSAUM.
Got a new barrel (Lothar walther ) 24 inches. leupold european 30 3-9x40.
I,m using 250 grains Swift A-frames ahead of 59.0 grs Vihtavouri N-150.
Gives 2600 fts in my rifle! Great gun,and great load. Have shot several moose and some deer,s with it. This load really numbs them!

For the moment this rifle is my favourite rifle for almost anything huntable. :grin:

Black-tailed bandit":20l07z6m said:
I added a limbsaver pad and now its like an '06 not real bad. With the 250gr speer no scope and the crappy factory pad it weighted in at 6lb 13oz and was pretty brutal. I need to get my reloads done and check it for accucary. The previous owner said one hole gun, well see.

This rifle will take the place of my 700 ADL in 06( another one hole gun) Wich will go to my wife to use, she love the 06. Here in Nrthwestern Oregon shots are short, (my longest shot ws 170 yards) This rifle should be great, light to pack and not lackingin the energy department.

Jon

For hunting NW Oregon, it's hard to imagine a better caliber than .350 Mag. I'm a .35 fan; mine is a .358, so slightly less power than your rifle. I've killed 4 deer with .358 now and it's a jackhammer on 'em. Load your .350 with 225-gn Partitions or the soon-to-exist 225 AccuBond and you'll have one hell of an Oregon rig.

The only think you can't really do with that is watch clearcuts with shots over about 350 yards. Then again, every blacktail I've killed (14 of 'em) has been 125 yards or less, and 13 of the 14 were more like 80 yards or less! As you know, you generally cannot see much beyond 60 or 80 yards other than the clearcuts in Western Oregon.

Where do you hunt in Oregon? I'm west of Eugene...

-jeff

Back