Has anyone heard of these?

Not sure how they shoot, but WalMart has been selling the black sythetic, matte blue action version of the Mossberg ATR for about two years now. The trigger is not so good, reminiscent of the non-accu Savage trigger, or a factory Ruger. Also, the finish is not very nice, overall. Very cheap looking matte finish on the action, and the stock is about one step above a Stevens stock in finish and feel - not very good at all. I am sure they shoot well enough, but overall, the fit and finish kill the deal from me. I would rather pay for the Stevens and get the Savage barrel and accuracy. WalMart's price is about $260, I think, but it may be closer to $300. The Stevens can be had for about $250 in the same calibers, and is a great shooter from the box. For the record, I do not own either one, so this is a relatively unbiased opinion.

I saw them in Wally world for 244$.

A buddy of mine hunted with the black synthetic version this year for mulies. Didn't get a shot - but it looked like a decent hunting rifle. Not as nicely finished as some, but affordable and sturdy. He said it's reasonably accurate too.

Back