Santa Barbara 7mm rem mag

Santa Barbara 98 Mauser?
They're decent enough. I built several rifles on Santa Barbara receivers in the early 80's when I could still find them.

I do know this was a kit gun bought directly from santa barbara sa gun makers in spain,it came as a kit and was assembled localy,barrel has markings as santa barbara and action is a german mauser,,,i am just wondering if this is a high quality rifle and i would like to know the rifle twist if any one knows,,barrel has no twist stamping,,thank you for any replies

They were not super high grade guns but those receivers are good. Wouldn't mind having a few.
I don't know for sure what the twist is. Probably 1-9. You can check it yourself:
Use a good cleaning rod with ball bearing handle. Put a bore brush or jag with patch on it. Start it into the bore, then stop. Put a mark or piece of tape on the rod 12 inches behind the receiver. Push the rod down the bore until the mark rotates 360 degrees, and measure the distance it took to rotate the 360 degrees. It's as simple as that.

Back